a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, August 3, 2012

stars in heaven

Free Quilt Pattern - Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern

By , About.com Guide
For this pattern you need to check into About.com    Be sure to ask for Harvest Stars Quilts.  It is a nice kind of pattern.



Oh my this one is so nice. I like the way the shadows run through the quilt. It uses 10 inche squares . You can either buy a layer cake or cut the squares from your own stash if it is less expensive and it is of course.  However the layer cakes are all from the same line of fabrics and so blend together well.

The Wish Christmas quilt continues...
http://www.red-brolly.com/red-brolly/

More red brolly , I sent one in last week but hope this has more to see. I liked what I saw but my memory may be deserting me, so if you have seen this one just move on LOL.

Rick went off this morning to see his doctor in Abbotsford about his back. There is nothing can be done sbout it. Taht was the same when I broke vertebrae in my back. Just wait it out. Eventually the pain goes away. So Rick poor guy will have to suffer for some time more. The worst part is the disability that comes along with that injury.

Ray and I went to the bank today to see what they had to offer for a loan rate , we thought it might be a better rate than we had from Budget Car Sales. Boy she sent us on our way. She said we could not get a better rate than we had. Times have sure changed, the bank used to have better rates all round. We could get a good rate if we wanted a mortgage. Yeah Right, who needs to mortgage a paid up property. We'll just do what we are doing.

Adam looking out to sea on his and Lisa's fishing trip out of  Ucluelet. They did bring in a good haul which Adam got ready for shipping back to Louisiana.
And the champion salmon fisherwoman is..... Lisa. She did catch several other fish too.

Some pictures I just have to have as they make me smile whenever I look at them. This is one of them. More to come today...

Such a drama queen out enjoying the sun.

Another one of the big and little photos that I get such a kick out of.

So ugly it is hilarious , what is this anyway half a yawn?

Again another full smile and it is fun !! If these don't make you smile You had better go back and try again LOL.

Finally this dear face makes me smile :>)
Sweet Charlotte.
I hope she comes to visit soon.

Summer time and the living is dangerous. Too many  outdoor accidents happening, too many lost in the woods, too many drowned in the waters around. Please eveyone try and be extra clever and take a lot of care. You don't want to meet a bear in the woods.
Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps won his 18th gold medal today and hoping to add one more in the 1x400 relay race tomorrow? I'm not certain that it is tomorrow. He is an amazing athlete. He says this is his last Olympics. It is good to go out on top!

We have weather and what lovely weather it is. All sun, no clouds, lots of heat. I rmember such wonderful days when I was young and we all went down to the beach, not to swim but to sun and tan and link up with friends. We did swim however , it was so muc lovely young fun. Can you tell I am nostalgic?



Kits Beach.  This is now , in the 40s there were no tall buildings in the background LOL.  But we were all out there sunning just the same as these folk. Vancouver was a fabulous place to grow up in in those days. Is it the same today? Since I am not growing up but growing old I can't say LOL. Still I love to live here still!!

Looks like it is time to call it a day folks.
Have a wonderful evening.
Buona sera.






















No comments: