a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adam here


;http://bdieges.com/block-of-the-month

Nice BOM of summer flowers. Be sure and keep the site for further blocks as I don't always get them to put on the blog.

http://feeddog.blogspot.com/2012/08/free-pattern-hexagon-pincushion.html 
Another pincushion; You know how much I love pincushions. Our cleaning lady also likes pincushions. I have quite a collection of chicken pincushions. Lynn admired one of them so I gave it to her. I think I'll make a bigger pincushion for myself ; although I use all my little ones every day or almost every day.


Adam is coming over for a visit, he just took Lisa to the airport. She is going back to Louisiana to see her father who is ill.
He has been and gone. We had a good visit and ate a can of sockeye red salmon with mayo, pickles and cheese for lunch. It was very tasty. We always chat about Louisiana, I am fascinated by the different culture down there. We reminisced about the first time I went to New Orleans, many years ago.
I fell in love with New Orleans then and there.  Every time I go to Louisiana to visit Adam takes me to New Orleans. The last time It was really hard for me to walk so I didn't get to see much. But now I have a walker that changes things and I don't think it would be a good idea to go that far south. If my illness comes back I am in big trouble.
But thanks to Adam I have wonderful memories.
And pictures. I think this is Jackson Square. We were across the street at Cafe Du Monde, a must go/see if you are in New Orleans.

One of the beautiful homes in the Garden District where we took a walking tour sore feet and all.
I think I remember all of that trip.
In the bayou. If  you can see the alligator you have better eyes that I do, but then that won't be too difficult.
We went on a alligator tour  on a boat Haha.  It was really exciting for me as I have not seen an alligator before.

This is on a different trip . We went with Jim. This is he in front of another great house in the Garden District. It is the Mercer Williams House Museum.

Back to the dogs- he is so tiny. I wonder if the cup is the extra large. LOL. More to come.

He is the picture of loneliness isn't he. I just want to pick him up and take him home. It must be the rain.

Ray and I decided to go to TOPS for dinner. We were sitting there chatting and laughing when someone came up from behind and hugged me. It was my old friend Heather, the dear Heather who bought my mom and dad's house in 1978. We were friends long before that, we met in the 60s. We had not seen each other for a while so it was wonderful to see her.  We asked her to sit with us for dinner. She said that this was only the second time she had stopped in at TOPS. Thankfully it was when we were there. Quite a coincidence!  It was a lovely time, I was so happy to see her and spend the dinner time with her . I was annoyed that I had left my camera at home. Heather was delighted LOL.
We talked about all my kids and the house . Heather helped me look after the boys for a short time so she knew them  well.
And Heather treated us to dinner. Wasn't that special of her?

Jim called to say he was really happy with the red Taurus, I am glad for him.
So that's it for tonight folks.
Have a great evening!
Kalispera















No comments: