a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, March 3, 2013

a few items

grandmotherschoice.blogspot.ca/2013/03/27-grandmothers-dream-houghtons.html

Another issue of grandmother's choice. Again a lovely block and an interesting blog. I think this blog is wonderful and am eager to read it when it comes into my mail box.

http://quiltville.com/pioneerbraidborder.shtml 
Another tutorial, this time it is how to make a braid quilt. Looks good.

http://www.quiltersworld.com/Quilt_Block/?id=3
March block- Louisiana, February and January are on the pull menu when you scroll down.

Gifts for Quilters - Amy Bradley Designs Quilt Patterns

Looks good I love her patterns. Other gifts you can give are any scissors. Kathy gave me a pair of wonderful applique scissors which I have not used yet. Not much going on here since I have had company . I need to try out some of my applique designs.

Today was another stay at home day. Sunday usually is. Jim is still here and he was not feeling well, a cold, so none of us wanted to go out much, Ray suffers for fatigue, we don't know why and I was tired but I know why. Bad night's sleep, that is usually my excuse.
So Ray did some laundry and cleaned up the kitchen. I tried to do some sewing but unfortunately was not successful at that . So I had a nap.
I am curious about something. I had a lot of albums on Webshots and then it became SMILE . Now I cannot access my photos. I wrote to them today but am still waiting for their answer. I do not like it when they just change things . It seems that I can no longer find my stuff. Anybody else with this problem?

After my nap I did my e mail and Facebook ,then made myself some dinner. Jim went out with Ahmed for dinner ,Ray had a meatloaf sandwich and so I had rice with teriyaki sauce and a slice of meatloaf. It feels like a restaurant around here. LOL.

I belong to an on line Bingo game with a list that I have belonged to for a long time but one which most of the members have disappeared. One time when I first joined it many years ago  it was quite busy but now it is so slow and not many players.  So tonight I am waiting for today's call, it isn't here yet.  Jim fixed my printer and I was able to print out copies of my game cards. That made me happy because I don't have to hand print them out now. Maybe I'll win this time LOL.
I just called Rick and he and Ricky are watching the hockey game in Calgary . Canucks are playing Calgary. The score is 2/2. The snow was so thick in Calgary that the Canuck's plane was delayed.
However we are watching The Mentalist. We enjoy this programme.
Rose surrounded by her toys and loving up her dolly . Love her stockings, they are so cheerful.
 
Richard , Ricky and young Adam when Rick made the trip to Louisiana  last month. I think that is big Adam in the background.


Hahaha such good friends, who would think it but then even different species can love each other. Think dogs and humans etc.
Our Catherine who was five yesterday. What a beautiful child.
 
 
I agree about the dog but we don't have one much as we'd like to. This little guy is cute.
 
Katie is Richard's number three daughter. She is a very clever young woman.
 
This lovely ocean/sailing quilt was made by my friend Barb.
 
 
 
Two mousies having a good time. Watch it there boys.
 
Time to go folks. Have a great evening.
Good night.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 






 





1 comment:

merrily row said...

I read your blog every post. I don't comment often but it always makes me smile. Thank you so much and keep up the good work.