a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday

Another gorgeous Spring day here in beautiful Vancouver.  I so do love these beautiful spring days when the sun shines and the air is clear with high white cumulous  clouds moving overhead. There is nothing like it. See the clouds, this was yesterday. I didn't plan on the car door or the red car but then as my Scottish mom used to say "the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglee".  But I did intend to catch the clock tower. Which brings to mind that tonight is the noght to spring forward the clocks and this clock may take a bit of work getting up to it. Oh well not my problem, I can hardly get up a few stairs LOL.
The last quilt for the store yesterday, the monitor is not a part of the quilt LOL. The inner panel is an embroidered tree but the outer patterns are wonderful blocks. I am not sure how big they are. My 
mind does not always register such things.
There is no Block of the Day as the one that showed up was a candle and I am sure you all could manage that one as it is symmetrical. That is if you need a candle.haha.
As today was Saturday we did our usual stuff which is grocery shopping. It took hours , sigh. First our regular visit to Price Smart where we purchase the bul of our weekly groceries . The price of food has sure gone up.
Then we went to Tim's for lunch , well hardly lunch but I had a bouwl of soup and Ray had a bagel , we both had coffee. 
Off to Safeway for our next stop for cheddar cheese and buns. You know the rest of the story, we bought more than that.
I wanted to go to Extra Foods for my candy. I have two or three at night as I read my books. Never more. Hmm that sounds as if it was written by Edgar Allan Poe, the Raven. Thus quoth the raven Nevermore. Haha. I wonder what the imagery of the raven is. Is it death waiting for Poe?  Any ideas?
We both were tired with all our tramping around. When we got back home  we each had a rest. I had two pieces of celery first as I am very fond of celery, it is quite tasty.
Then I read my book for a while. It is an Ann Rule book. She is such a wonderful researcher and her books prove that out. This book is about a man who married many times . With one of his wives they produced three little boys. The marriage was so bad that the wife sued for divorce and then it got really bad ending on her death and subseqently a search for proof that the husband did her in. Dead By Sunset is the title. I read her book about Ted Bundy and it was equally engrossing.
 Ann Rule is worth taking a look at if you are interested.
 
 
Frogs come in many glorious colour. Have a look.
He is a bull frog but I have forgotten where he comes from. Pretty colours though! Checked it out and he is an Indian Bullfrog.
 
 
I did not sew today , no time as you can see . But I will have tome tomorrow as it is Sunday and I think/hope we will be staying hime. Our cleaning lady cannot come tomorrow as she had surgery because of a lump in her breast and is still in recovery suffering pain. I pray  it all goes well with her. She is a good woman and very kind to us.
 
I will stop now folks.
Have a good evening.
 
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: