a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, March 31, 2013

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Day

http://badskirt.blogspot.ca/2010/07/edgestitch-foot-demystified.html#!/2010/07/edgestitch-foot-demystified.html

Sometimes we don't know how to use the feet on our machines. This will help with using the edge stitch foot.
 
 
Tinted Chains is the name of this block.

 
This issue of Grandmother's chosice is chock full of good information. There are block pattern and many other items of great interest. At least to me they are interesting. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.
My third son  Peter and his wife Judith came over for a visit this afternoon. It is hard to get to see him as he lives in Calgary and comes home for the weekend so he rarely goes out but today they came over and gave me 2 dozen roses for my upcoming birthday. They are so fragrant and are filling the apartment with this beautiful fragrance. Thank you Peter and Judith.
Today is my fifth son Matthew's birthday. We had a good talk on the phone. He took his birthday airplane flight this morning, he is the solo pilot and loves to fly.



Matthew and his wife Caroline.
 
He is also a sailor. Three of my sons are sailors and love the sea.  Adam was in the navy, Matthew was also in the navy and Richard had his own sailboat which he loves.
I had another family day, oh how I love them. It is too bad they have to be so seldom.
 
We stayed home all day today but so far I have done no sewing for weeks and weeks. I have been too busy. I need to negotiate with Ray for a day that I can stay in and sew.
Tomorrow we have to stay in because it is the cleaning lady day. And Tuesday Pat cannot come to sewing because she has a dental appointment. I have to check with Juliet to see if I can hitch a ride with her. Hmm I'll do that right now.  Done!
 
Now for another version of this block that I love  so much and this one is from Susan's blog ,Starwood Quilters. She calls it  Christian-Cross Block.
Beautiful isn't it?  I love the bright and cheerful red.
 
I love this lady with her sewing machine and  other sewing things.
 
This lovely block is a double friendship star and one that I like. Nice polka dot fabric enhances the look of the block.


Hey Adam you are looking good. Was this picture taken on this trip?
 
Adam  did the three of you get home safely. How was the trip?
 
Tee hee and hee haw!
 
 
Time to go folks.
Have a great evening!
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

We got home just fine and on time. Adam is back in school today. That picture was taken on a fishing trip in the summer of 2010. I was glad to see you and Ray doing so well and happy. Keep moving!