a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

good and bad all in one day

http://www.quilt.com/BlockOfTheMonth/1998/Linoleum.html



Linoleum Block found on Susan's site at Starwood Quilter. Thanks Susan. Take a look at Susan's site, there are many wonderful blocks there.  The name interests me as we had linoleum on the kitchen floor and bathroom floor as well in my mom and dad's house. It was de rigeur in the 40s and 50s for those rooms. Unfortunately it wore not too well and often tore so sometimes there were corners of the floor that had bare floor. I had it in several of my homes too. And that was in the 70s. Oh what the heck I realize that we have that flooring in our bathrooms here but it is not called linoluem though.

http://mariebostwick.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=43
Look for Writer's Block here on Marie Bostwick.com
We all suffer from Writer's Block at one time or another.




 
Shirley, thank you for your comment saying my blog made you smile. Good news for me :))
 

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/mosaic-basketweave-placemat

Lovely crocheted place mats.
These blue and white placemats are so special . My mother in law used to say blue and white was such a clean looking colour combination. She was right!

Now isn't this a clever idea for knitters, and a recycling use for empty bottles.
 


I love hydrangeas and have them on my blog front page. Those are a beautiful blue, but I found this picture of gorgeous pink hydrangeas. I love them.
Our soil here is very acidic from all the rain . It is the acidity that produces the gorgeous blue colour. An alkiline soil produces this beautiful pink.
 
This beautiful young lady is my granddaughter Chelsea enjoying life as a free spirit.
 
These senior ladies are also out enjoying a good time nattering.
Life is good at any age.
I am a good example of that.
 
Richard left this morning to go on a trip down south with Ricky. It was so painful to see him this morning after his shower which left him completely worn out. He had a difficult time getting onto his wheel chair and I cried when I saw what he was dealing with and as he left. I think that this is probably the good times for him and the worst is yet to come for my dear boy.  I want him nearby so I can protect him but I can't even help him one little bit.  I am desolated at the tragedy of his disease and how it is crippling my big , strong son. Life though good can also be cruel.
 
Ray and I went to London Drugs today to buy replacements for our coffee maker and toaster.
 
 
 
Beautiful aren't they and they will certainly brighten up the kitchen.
I went to Fabricland today to look for a pattern of a child's apron. No luck but it was fun looking at patterns of little dresses.
I didn't buy anything.  Good thing we indulged ourselves on toasters and coffeemakers LOL.
Ray said why don't you make your own pattern. Sounds easy eh? Not for me though I'll wreck the whole thing. I may even make a wreck out of it WITH a pattern.
 
So it is time for me to go, no joke. It is so early but I started my blog way early so here it is.
Have a wonderful evening Folks.
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments: