a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 4, 2013

olio

http://retro-mama.blogspot.com/2012/07/first-time-for-everything.html

 
 
I have noticed many ways of growing food these days and this is one of them. Grow upwards seems to be the theme.  Use the airspace, is what we are asked to do. Will it last and become a part of the urban landscape. Time will tell.
Vertical gardening of various types of lettuce. How do they get the dirt up there?
 
Another way to vertically  garden -a planter that stacks and self waters . Very spring like and lovely. 
More to come later.
 
Jim left this morning for Los Angeles, he was suffering from a cold while he was here so we didn't get out as much as we usually do when he visits. But still it was good to see him . He said it will be a while before he comes back down from Edmonton , he won't be coming back this way . He'll go across the mountains at L.A. and come north through the other side of the mountains. He has friends he likes to visit in Boise Idaho.
 Ray and I went to Metrotown where we had a bit of lunch , then went To Sears. Ray has been looking for a jacket for some time but could not find what he wanted. Today there it was the very jacket he was looking for and it was on sale. It is a nice soft brown, zipper and all. He also found two shirts he liked so we bought those too. He always complains about things costing too much money but I made hime get it anyway. He certainly deserves it all.
My legs became very shaky and we had to come home. Even with the walker the legs were collapsing a bit. I nearly fell over. They do that when they are tired. So  I came home and rested for a while, then they were okay. Very strange!!
But one good thing is I finished my library book and can get all of them back to the library by March 6th. The library sent me an e mail saying the books were due on Wednesday. That's really good I think, save me getting a fine if I forget.
My car will no longer be insured since I have not used it since January of 2012 and think I fon't feel like driving any more. I am lazy I guess. Ray drives me everywhere each day and friends take eme to sewing days. I tend to think I should not drive given the condition of my legs and the neuropathy in my feet.
I do believe it can be insured by the day Adam if you want to do that but we'll need to ask first.
The Hummingbirds are back. Ray said he could put up a feeder in the tree outside the window. Haha He hates to climb the stairs let alone a tree.
Amazing little creatures and so beautiful. This is only one variety of hummingbird, there are many different types of these gorgeous birds.I love the way they hover in mid air to feed from flowers.
 
 
I really like the way a Cathedral Windows quilt looks. I did a Cathedral Windows Cushion . It was fun to do but all hand work in the one I made. However we were told in the class I took that it was okay to sew the flaps down by machine.
 
The one on the left was made by my friend Rae and the one on the right is mine. We made these in a class that we took. They are so pretty. I think I'd like to make another one.
Isn't this the best cartoon for a quilter? Those little mice in the thimbles are adorable and the energy of the guy jumping on the pincushion makes me wish I had such energy. LOL.
 I think Marg must  be off down the Oregon Coast on a bus trip with her friend. She didn't come over while Jim was here So  Ray and I think she was away. Too bad Marg you missed Jim but you had a wonderful view of the coast.
 
Do you ever feel this way? LOL. Wound up or wound down....
 
A cake, would you believe. It reminds me of the cake Sam had made for my 80th birthday.
Here it is.
 
Time for dogs.....
Just too cute.
 
Time to go folks. Have a great evening.
Good evening.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: