a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Orange Peel

 Find this outsized Orange Peel quilt by Mark Lipinsky in the latest Quilty magazine at your newstand or bookstore today. And use  your stash. Lovely I'd say.
 
I went for a hair cut this afternoon and the hairdresser was my old one whom I have not seen since before I was in the hospital. She was so happy to see me, that really surprised me. And she didn't charge me what I usually have to pay. That was kind of her.
So I am refreshed again.
 
Marg came over earlier in the day with dinner for us . Thank you Michael and Marg. We had a good visit. I needed to talk to her about the pile of books I had and the ones she gave me that I would need to get back to the library. We worked it all out. The Fast Read I have is due on the 20th and I am sure I'll get it finished in time. If not I'll just pay the fine. I am good with that. And the library also sent me a notice that it is due on Wednesday. I love the library ,they are so efficient.
After the haircut we went to Safeway to pick up my prescriptions. We stopped at the Starbucks in the store for a coffee.
Marg did you know the lottery booth now has more new owners.
When we got home it was supper time .We weren't that hungry so I just made a salad for dinner.
 
I don't know what these creatures are called but I found them amusing with their puffed out cheeks and long legs that seemed out of proportion. I once saw a dog the was a mongrel and he had a long body and should have had short legs but his legs were very high. He looked all off. But he had an owner who took him for walks and he was loved which is all that mattered to him.
 
I guess he will have to wait til the next conclave LOL. However he is very beautiful in his scarlet coat of feathers. Nature is bountiful and gorgeous.
This little dog is so sad looking that he makes me feel so sorry for him. I wonder what is bothering him besides being on the furniture when he shouldn''t be perhaps?
I seem to have little to show of my own these days because I am doing nothing with my quilting . But in my day I have done lots of things. This is a needlepoint I made years ago and gave to my son Matthew who was in the navy at the time. It did take some months to do it and I worked on it every night. That was before I got a computer/laptop and that takes up my evenings now. I am an addict. LOL.
This towel I embroidered on my embroidery machine at the request of my friend Helen. She gave me the disc that had this design on it along with other ones.
 
Jim called today from Fort Lauderdale. He and his friend Larry are boarding a cruise ship tomorrow to take a trip through the Panama Canal. I have not done that trip myself but every person I know that has taken it thinks it is wonderful so I know the guys will have a great time. Jim travelled by train to Fort Lauderdale from Los Angeles and he really liked that part of the trip too. I am envious :))
 
That's all for tonight folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night.
 
 

 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: