a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, March 21, 2013

new book

Remember I have mentioned Starwood Quilter Susan in previous blogs. She had made a wonderful block that I could never find. It was as Susan told  me the Pig Pen block and it could be found in a book called Golden's Journey. The book is about  a Kansas family during the early 1900s and on.

It also has the blocks for a number of Sampler quilts. Not only does it have the Pig Pen block in it but a number of other blocks and the story. I am eager to get to the story and the Pig Pen block.
This one is Susan's block. I read her blog every day so am beginning to know her fabrics LOL.
Thank you Susan for sending me in the right direction for this lovely block.  If you are interested in following her blog try Starwood Quilter in your browser. She has a very interesting blog and great patterns. Today's pattern was a Quilter's Cache design called Wild Duck Quilt Block.
 
She always has a good story to go with the blocks but if you want to know the story to this block you will need to go to Susan's blog.
 
I did not go out today, all the veggies I ate last night caused me to spend a good amount of time in the bathroon. It was not a fun time. I have been very careful to stay in my chair but I think all is well now. I wonder if it was the crushed garlic in the jar that was the issue. All the other vegetables were ones I have eaten before  . Oh well that is over now.
 Ray went out and picked up my book at the Post Office. He brought me back some chicken and fries from Safeway. I ate them and so far so good.
I see that the TV is advocating we watch The Amish Mafia tonight. We will watch it as the title is most fascinating. Ray and I were there in the midst of Amish country in Pennsylvania . It was a superb look at a much different way of life. Also many quilts and quilted items were on display and were for sale.
The Plain people abjure our way of life , no cars, no electricity , no buying of things that they can make themselves which is why there are so many farms, crafts, quilts, and horses. I am sure I missed many things but this is a taste of Amish. I am excited to watch the show tonight.
Not a lot more to say since I did not leave the apartment. So here come the pictures.
 
LaVonne Halberg  posted  this lovely antique quilt  which was made by her mother. The quilt was stolen so it is good that it was photographed and was documented.  I don't know who you would contact if you happened to see it.
 
 It is beautiful and must have taken many hours of hard work to complete.
 
Ray in the kitchen ,probably cleaning it up.LOL  We bought these lovely yellow narcissus as they surely brighten up the rooms. I love looking at them.
 
Here they are without Ray. Aren't they lovely?
 
A pot of blue pansies sitting outside the university hospital.
AAWW.
 
This photo reminded me of how kids used to play and have fun before the advent of computers and computer games. Now didn't they have a lot of  fun. Moms on the other hand did not have fun, They had to clean them up. Just dump them in the bathtub and let them clean themselves. Mom has to do the hair though..
 
Time for me to go folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: