a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 18, 2013

a bit late

Harold did you get the full poem I put up earlier today? I hope so. It is on the blog from this morning.

So this is my day. Up and out a bit earlier than usual. I am giving my 87 Mustang to my third son Peter and as he lives in Calgary We had to fax him the papers he needed. I don't have a fax machine so we went to our insurance agent to see if he would fax it for us. And yes he could and did. I asked what the cost would be, no cost. Now that was very nice. A good beginning to the day.
 We met Marg and her friend Natasha while we were at the mall where the agent is. That was nice too. Then we went to Metrotown as I needed to update my mastercard that I use for my cell phone payment. That took a bit of time.
Then we had a coffee and went down to The Bay to look for a red kettle. They had one but it was electric and I wanted one that sits on the stove element. No luck but we'll keep on looking.
Ray was looking for a new pillow for the bed. He likes feather pillows . They are more expensive and he always had a fit at the price. However the feather pillows were on for 50% off so he bought one. I hope it is comfortable for him.

Then we went back to the Food Court and had a DQ sundae, this time it was strawberry instead of chocolate. Ray had strawberry too instead of butterscotch. We broke different today LOL!

Richard went to work again today, that makes two days for him. It is so hard for him but he does it anyway. He is amazing!

For those of you who missed my earlier post of the quilt that my Flylady group of friends made for Richard here is the photo. It can do with being seen more than once.
Click on picture for a larger view. I think LOL.
 
After we gothome from our outings Marg came over for a visit and she bought some dinner that Michael had cooked. Thanks you two. It was good.
We had a nice visit and Marg talked about a trip she and Karen are taking on the 4th of May.  It is along the Oregon coast. Ray and I made that trip a long time ago and it was magnificent. I would love to do it again. The free standing rock formations are an amazing sight to see. They are habitats for sea birds and other little kritters I am sure.
Do you know what this is, you can see it is for your mouth /teeth but what is it and why would you use it? I'll try and give you the naswer at the end of the blog.
 
Hahaha. Some of the captions on these pictures are so clever.  Puns I know are the lowest form of humour but I still get a good laugh out of them.
This beautiful scene is Horseshoe Bay where Richard keeps his sailboat.
 
Isn't this an amazing Baltimore Album ,white on black. It is stunning.
 
Passing it on....
 
See what you can make with just squares A very scrappy heart block.


Something is very wrong with my blog. It will not allow me to remove things I want to remove.

So I am going to close up for now. Maybe tomorrow it will reset itself.

Oh the bowl and the toothbrush. What is it. It is baking soda. When we were young and wanted to whiten up our teeth we would us baking soda to do the job. Also when money was in short supply we had to use baking soda to clean our teeth. It tastes terrible believe me. LOL.

There it worked , I had to sign out of Google+

Have a great evening folks.
Good night!
 
 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great! Thanks so much for posting the full Forsythia poem. It brings back lots of memories. Tell your granddaughter too thanks a bunch for finding it. Its great to read the full poem in its entirety. I'll have to show this to my Aunt, she will be trilled too! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harold