a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Friends with friends

 Tips for Free-Motion Quilting a Larger Quilt
http://themodernquiltguild.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/100-days-week-of-quilting-tips-for-free-motion-quilting-a-larger-quilt/

Have a look at these tips for quilting a large quilt on your home sewing machine.

After a lazy morning I got myself up from my chair, dressed in my beige pant suit and hiked down the hall to the elevator and to Karen's car. Karen is a teacher friend, one with whom I had a lot of fun. She played the violin and I played the piano. With the two instruments we led the singing for the Grade Two and Grade Three classes. It was a wonderful time for us and the children. Karen was a lovely violinist ,still is for that matter. She is also a beautiful artist. A very talented person and a delightful friend.

Karen's sister is visiting from San Francisco and was in the car. We had not met but clicked right away.
These gorgeous tulips were all around the front of the restaurant. They are so beautiful, so inspiring and so spring like.
We drove to Little Mountain and to our luncheon reservation at the Seasons. There we met up with Heather another long time friend. Heather and I met in the 60s. We  lived together for a time. When my mom passed away Heather bought her and dad's house and she still lives there. My kids , sister and I are always welcome to visit which is rather nice.

We ordered our lunch. I had a grilled cheese sandwich. I wasn't all that hungry so the sandwich was good for me. I only ate half of it anyway. But Heather and I always share a Creme Brulee and we did so again today. We could not finish that with two of us eating it. LOL.


We all chatted and laughed and recalled past good times as old friends do. I sat across from Gretchen, Karen's sister and we talked about San Francisco and the large earthquake that happened in 1989. That earthquake the Loma Prieta caused the Nimitz Freeway  to collapse. Since that freeway was two tiered the top tier came down on the bottom tier and crushed many cars and people. Gretchen was able to relate her experience to me.  She and her cat were wrapped around each other and each aftershock  shook them both up. An interesting thing I did not realize was the quake shook from east to west  or from north to south , not sure which,  which made a difference when it hit their house.  She is also a nurse in a hospice so we had a talk about ALS.

Karen gave me a lovely bouquet for my birthday, she is so kind.


When we had stayed there for at least 2 1/2 hours Karen drove me home.  The ladies treated me to lunch . It was a wonderful day for me and the other three seemed to truly enjoy it.
When I got home I put my feet up and just relaxed and read my e mail and Facebook entries.

Sam called after I got home and said he wants to take me out for my birthday . We are going to The Keg tomorrow evening.

Broken Sugar Bowl thanks to Susan.  You can fine the pattern for this on Quilters Cache. I like Susan's fabrics especially the dotted green.
 
One of  my favourite quilts. I made it and it hangs on my bedroom wall.
 

Richard and Ray, nice looking guys! Seven years ago.
 
I wonder what these pretty kitties are looking at.
 
That's it folks.
Have a lovely evening.
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 












No comments: