a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Harold the poem

Can you believe the woman on my Flyladies list none of whom I have met personally but have long been associated with over the net made this gorgoeus quilt for Richard. Knowing how he loves the ocean they all made amazing blocks of things related to the sea. Then another fabulous put the blocks together and quilted it all. These women have the greatest hearts.  I cannot thank them enough.
 
Harold, my amazing granddaughter Mary found the poem for us.
She is a searcher extraordinaire!!
Thank you my dear Mary.
 
The Forsythia Bush
by Miriam Clark Potter

The forsythia bush, as everyone knows,
Is sunshine arranged in bright little bows;
You'd never know it could do such a trick!
At just the right moment, it bursts through the stick,
The earliest, curliest feather of spring,
Like clouds of canaries, intending to sing.
But wether they sing or just hold on tight,
The forsythia bush is a musical sight.

I am sending this in early today as i want these two items on the blog right away.
Tonight it will be back to the same old thing.


No comments: