a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, April 26, 2013

new mug rug

http://www.craftsy.com/ext/20130426_1_FB_quilting_club_1

A ray of sunshine for your morning coffee.
 
 
Get creative with appliqué with the free Teapot Cozy Appliqué pattern by DebbyKratovilQuilts
 
And more sunshine for afternoon tea. Aren't the both of them lovely.
 
 
This beautiful polka dot apint job caught my fancy and I hopw it will catch yours too.
 
 
And SBS always makes me laugh, she is so cute. This little panel is adorable.
 
 
 
Wow this is a wonderful applique quilt about sewing and sewing items. It is a block of the month type of quilt. It claims to be of medium difficulty . Have a look, I know you'll love it too.
 
My life has taken another turn, as you know I gave my car to Peter. Today I surrendered my driver's  licence. I do not intend to drive again. Ray will take me most places and I have wonderful friends who pick me up to go to sewing and to lunch.  I think it is safer for everyone if I stay off the road. I have neuropathy in my legs and ankles which renders them with little feeling and my legs are very shaky. If they don't work very well it could be dangerous. So for my sake and the sake of others on the road I decided to give it up. I haven't driven since January 2011 so it was no biggie. And if I cannot get a ride I'll take a taxi. When you consider insurance costs and all the myriad costs of a car, the cost  of a taxi once in a while is no biggie either. So rolls  another turn in the wheel of life.
Ray and I walked down the mall for a bit, bought some lovely bread at the bakery . Then we came home. I was tired today for some reason. I have been really good lately.
I had a lovely talk with Adam this afternoon, as a matter if fact he was eating dinner. The time in Louisiana is 2 hours ahead of our time. But he is a good son and talked to me anyway. He is alwasy so good to me and says lovely things about me. It is wonderful to know you are appreciated. I am fortunate in my sons. Thank you God for the blessing of 5 wonderful sons.
 
Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen's husband arrived in Canada today to be awarded The Order of Canada. Congratulations Prince Philip.

 Now it is time for dogs....
 
Moms and pups, so loving and beautiful. We went to the pet shop in the mall today to look at the dogs. Of course I fell in love again, this time with a lovely little dachshund. Next time ti willb e something else LOL. I love them all.
 


 Another mom and pups. Poor mom she was born with an angry face. Haha. However she is happy and loves her babies.


These two little guys belong to a friend  who was on her way to work. The dogs had other ideas LOL.

Now for a bird. An explosion of colour, birds are amazingly vivid and phsychodelic with their stunning plumage.


A flamingo's colour is determined by what they eat.  They eat alpha and beta carotenoid pigments that enhance the colour of the feathers. More of these foods , more beautiful the colour.
 
A moose in the mist, what a beauty this male moose is. Well I think he is quite majestic. He is a Canadian icon.
 
Oh and the Blue Footed Booby. I know I have featured him before but he deserves to be noticed again. Marvellous sight to see even in a photograph. And very funny he is as well.
 


How would you like an iceberg this big sitting off the edge of your village. Newfoundlanders must just beholding their collective breath.
 
Time to go folks. Have a great evening.
Good night
 
 
 
 
 
 



   

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: