a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

little gift


 http://simonehowell.blogspot.com/2009/12/fabric-post-it-note-holder-tutorial.html



 
 
 
No photo you'll need to go to quilterscache for the picture.
 
 
http://www.suegarman.blogspot.com  How to wash your batting ladies and gentlemen. If you feel so inclined LOL.
 
This morning we left a bit earlier than usual and drove to the post office for a parcel that came from Sue in MN.  It is a quilt the ladies of my Flyladies group on line made for Richard. It is all sailing blocks. Sue did all the quilting and putting together. I haven't opened the box yet but I will because I want to show the quilt to the ladies in my Tuesday group ,several of them donated blocks for the quilt. Rick will be here some time in May . should I send it to Calgary or keep it here for him to take back home himself. I'll ask him. I did ask and he said I could do what I thought was best. So here is my best. I will take it to my Tuesday group next week and then send it on to Calgary.
 
Then we went way out in Surrey to Wineberries . I want some bamboo double pointed needles and thought they carried them. Not so I'm afraid. I bought the regular needles 4 to a package. As I want 5 needles I bought 2 packs. I am still on a hunt for the bamboo ones. I like the hunt haha. 
Wineberries has really nice fabric but I do not need any fabric. Still I bought a fat quarter of a very nice red. Here are my purchases.
 
I got off cheap today only $17 and change. Nice red isn't it? OOPS I said that already.
 
The shop is in a small mall. There was a Greek restaurant in the mall so we went in there for lunch. Ray had a Greek salad and I had lamb Souvlaki. I can hear Marg going ugh as she doesn't like lamb. I on the other hand  love lamb and the Greeks do it so well.
 
On the way home we stopped in at Price Smart for an onion and celery. In the meantime we bought hamburger and a few other items. Who buys one or two items anyway LOL.
 
Then I cleaned up the radishes we bought and the celery. I diced up some celery and onion and added it to the hamburger but forgot to add salt. I made a meat loaf with no garlic and no salt. Whatever was I thinking? Not good I'd say to forget two major ingredients. Haha.
But it is done now, I tasted it and it still tastes not too bad as long as I add a bit of salt. That is dinner made and ready to eat. Ray is not hungry, He is never hungry these days. No wonder I am not really up to cooking. Sometimes however I want something so I make it for myself.
 
.....then I sat down to rest :)).....
 
And eat LOL
 
Well Ray di go into the kitchen and eat some of the meatloaf. Good it is a meal he likes even though we did not have a meal just meatloaf.
 
What a beautiful Rhododendron, it sits outside our garage and brightens up the area. Nature rocks!
 
How true!! He is just adorable isn't he?
And this bird is beautiful, just beautiful.
 
ZZZZ
 
Time to go.
Have a good evening.
Good night.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: