a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 1, 2013

Nine patches

http://pinterest.com/dortebirgitte/?e_t=411706c5176849d6a296fda55704aa01&e_t_s=fullname&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=activity_aggregation

This is a great look, I loved looking at these pictures.  Hope it works.

http://pinterest.com/teribamert/quilt-nine-patch/

Lots of ideas for nine patches here. Take a look and try one of them out.





 
I told you that I had a new reader and no cover. So off to London Drugs. Now I have the cover. I was worried that the reader might have gotten marked as it sat on my side table . With that Ifelt it needed a cover. Now I am happier .
     

Closed cover on the left and open book on the right. It has a light and a stylus.  Snazzy isn't it ? And I figured out how to put them side by side, something new. I seem to be on a learning curve right now. It must be Spring. VBG
Ray gave it to me as a birthday present. Love that guy!

Jean thank you for the Barnes and Noble site.

After getting the cover we finished up our grocery shopping. Funny thing , there are no new quilt magazines on the shelves right now, Usually there are lots of them and now hardly any. And the store we go to owns the magazine distribution too. Strange!

We walked over to Tim Hortons for a coffee and a bowl of soup.

By this time it was time to go home as the Lynn the cleaning lady was coming at 1:30. She arrived, Ray went out and Marg came over. A big exchange of people LOL.
Marg and I had a long conversation  while Lynn worked. Marg gets around a lot more than I do so has lots to talk about. She goes to church on Sundays so talks about that . You know church has lots of things happening.

Ray came home. He went to his favourite Hobby Shop only to find it was closed as today was /is Easter Monday. We get used to the malls being open every day and forget the little guy has to close once in a while just to get a break. Next Monday it will be open I am sure .

We had Marie Callander's Chicken Pot Pie for dinner. We get them at Costco but our store doesn't have any other of her product. Richard and Ricky had her cake or was it pie yesterday.
They are both in Las Vegas tonight. Tomorrow it will be a walk on The Strip or for Rick it will be a ride.

So tonight I plan to read my book in the reader. We'll see how that goes. I still have one have read , the regular kind of book. I hope to finish it when I go to bed.

It is Ray's sister's 84th birthday  today, April Fool's Day. I'll be she got a lot of ribbing when she was a kid. LOL.
Out of 6 kids in their family only Ray and Gerry are still alive, the youngest and the oldest. Cancer took three of them and ALS took his brother. He did die of  ALS, they were inserting a vent when he just died on the table.
 
Nice pattern below....  From Janet Wickell Improved four patch. For instructions try  About.com







Great pattern  for a four patch.

An unlikely pairing but they make it work. Love comes in all kinds.
 
I am afraid it's a bit late with this one but I just had to share it with you as it is so cute.
 
Aw he is adorable. How did he manage to get into this little wagon and even more so how sis he manage to stay in it LOL.
 
Kitty heaven. When I had cats they loved to get into my yarns, mess up my knitting and ruin everything. Matter of fact so did my boys. Many ruined knitting projects in our house. LOL. I was often not a happy camper.(((
 
This is it for the night.
Have a lovely evening.
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 













No comments: