a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday normal

Saturday normal is having breakfast, reading the newpaper, having a shower and going for groceries. Today was not quite normal, it was lovely though.

Marg and Karin came over and visited a while. Then Marg went home and Karin stayed for a bit. I bequeathed her my mom's and her grandmother's set of silverware as well as a lovely litttle set of cutlery with fine bone handles. They were short and sweet and lovely and my mom would be very happy that Karin has them now.
Karin was my mom and dad's only granddaughter after 5 grandsons, my boys, and they were so happy to have her as well.
I meant to ask her to be sure and leave them to one of mom's great granddaughters, my granddaughters. So Karin, does that work for you? We keep things in the family. We had a great visit and hope to  have another soon.

Then Ray and I went for our groceries.  I bought a quilt magazine , it has been a while since I bought one. But this one had a pattern for something I wanted so home it came with us. It is Quilts and More, I like that one as there are some interesting things to do in it.

We went to McDonald's for a bite to eat. We both had a Big MAc, a single not the double. I had never had a Big Mac before , usually chicken is what I order. However I thought it was very tasty. We just had the hamburger and coffee , nothing else.

Before coming home we had to go up to our little mall for my candies. I like to have a couple of candies in the evening and that is all. My pile was almost gone so I had to increase it. There was a lady there that we had seen before. She has terrible dress sense and always buys her pants too long and never cuts the legs down. They just drag on the ground and get all shredded. Very strange. However it is not really up to me to remark on the dress of others but unfortunately that doesn't stop me LOL. At least I don't do it out loud when I see her , just in my mind.   Sometimes we can hold unkind thoughts. It is not nice but we can't help thinking , we can  only help what we do.
Outside the mall waiting for his owner was a huge Great Dane. He was so good , never even turned his head when people talked to him.
Waiting for Mama.

When we came home I went to work on my hearts basting down the edges and getting them ready for applique on Tuesday. No rush though as I can only get one done during the time I am there with my sewing group. Too much talking, eating, reading , laughing and looking at other people's work, trunk shows I guess you'd call it.

I think this was meant for Valentine's Day and it may have been shown then but I love red and white, it is so refreshing to look at. It is just a 9 Patch but looks marvellous.
I am so happy today. Richard called and he was happy which means so much to me. He is bottling his wine and having a dinner party with his friends to night. He loves having company and dinner parties.  Isn't it wonderful that he can still do that. I hope it goes on for some time. I want him to enjoy the rest of the time he has here on earth as much as he can.
 
I really need to get going on making the label for his quilt and I want to sew it on next Tuesday. I think I want to get some of the fabric that is coated to go through the printer. Otherwise I can just buy another pigma pen and write out the label myself. Yes I may do that.
A lovely woman creating a lovely hand quilted piece of fabric art.
 
How beautiful this is, it stirs my heart.
 
Rub a dub dub three mice in a tub. Having a bubble bath. They look so relaxed and happy.
 
Last but not least.....
 
Time to go !
Have a good evening folks.
Good night.
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






2 comments:

Karin said...

Of course I'll leave one of your Granddaughter's Grandma's silverware.
It was a great vist on Saturday. We'll have to do it again very soon

Karin said...

of course I'll leave the silverware to one of your Granddaughters. It makes sense for it to stay in the family.
hope to see you soon.
love,
Karin