a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, April 14, 2013

acting up

My laptop is making itself heard tonight by not working properly. I am certainly getting a bit fed up with it. However now it is doing its job.

We had a wonderful day today with Mary, Meaghan, Albert, Lewis, Charlotte and Rose.  The little girls were very busy and so much fun.  We have not seen Mary Albert and Rose since last year so it was great to have a good visit. We were happy to see Charlotte ,Meg and Lewis  again. the girls played together quilte nicely given that they were one and two years old. Charlotte had her colouring book and crayons and she applied herself to that while rose helped her by holding the crayons. At times she held all the crayons and walked off with them. War was declared. It was so entertaining. I was highly amused LOL.
Rose helping out.




Busy Charlotte being an artist.

Two little girls with Mary. Heaven knows what they were looking at in an empty hallway LOL.

Rose likes her water bottle.
 
And Charlotte likes my doll's rocking chair LOL
I took more photos but I will save them for another day , maybe LOL.
 
After my darlings left we made dinner, fried cabbage, juliened carrots and corned beef. I was really looking forward to eating dinner but the corned beef was so tough we couldn't even cut it . We threw it out and just had vegetables. What a shame. We plan to go and get some more corned beef at a different store this coming week. Hopefully it will be good. HMM  it better be haha.
 
That was our day with lovely babies and grandchildren, what could be better!
 
Harold  I am still looking for the book that has that poem in it. I have it in a binder that I saved when I left teaching but so far it is still missing.
 
Just squares but I like it, so pretty and hand quilted.

This is what we did tonight, just didn't feel like washing pots and pans. In the morning, YA!!
 
Nice and bright string blocks put together into one big block. I have never done a string block but it looks interesting. Do you just put any number of strings together and then cut to the size you want it to be.
 
A rainbow of lightening strikes. It is very beautiful.
 
Time to go folks.
Have a great evening
Good night!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for remembering and sharing part of the Forsythia poem! I learned this poem many years ago in elementary school but other than the first verse have since forgotten it. I remember having it written down in elementary school and bringing it home, but sometime between then and now it has gone missing. I've been searching for it for over 15 years each spring when the Forsythia bushes bloom. They are in bloom here now, and my search has resumed. I've never had any lucking finding anyone who knew anything about the poem until I saw your post. My Aunt is obsessed with finding the whole poem and was happy when I told her the other line that you remember. She only remembers one other verse: The earliest, curliest feathers of Spring, like rows of canaries pretending to sing.

If you could find the entire poem I'd be thrilled!!! Thanks a bunch for looking!

Harold