a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 15, 2013

Fried green tomatoes

Watching Fried green Tomatoes for the third time. I think I'll get to watch it all this time.  LOL. I still enjoy the characters in this movie.  Ray loves fried green tomatoes and we have them when the green tomatoes are for sale.  Ray bought this huge tomato today, it sure is big. I call it the pumpkin tomato.

I had scrambled  eggs for dinner. They were good and a nice change from meat. I also had a piece of toast with the eggs.


Lynn is here today cleaning up the place. It is nice to have her doing the work. Ray has gone out as usual when Lynn is here. He takes the opportunity to go out on his own when she is here. So I stay in all day when Lynn comes.

I need to go out to Wineberries to buy a set of five bamboo sock knitting needles, size 6. I had a set  but they seem to have left the building LOL. they were not bamboo though so I get the prize. Now I hope they have some at the store. I can't go tomorrow as it is my sewing groups. I hope I fell well; last time I had to come home early.  But I am good today and that should carry over.

Harold I am still looking for the poem about the Forsythia , but no luck with that. I have gone to many places on the internet. Maybe I need to change the way I ask the question. I asked my son who is a good researcher to see if he could find it, so far no luck.
And I found the book I was looking for , it was not in there. I guess I can't help you.
I need to get my sewing things together for tomorrow. Not much as most of it is in my bag already. I had a thought today, I know Surprise LOL. My two great granddaughters really like my cushions. I thought I might make them each a cushion with Sunbonnet Sue on it. I hope they will like that, I do so why wouldn't they LOL.

We are just sitting here watching Big Bang Theory. Sheldon has just been thrown in jail for insulting the judge LOL. A huge ego on that man. It is so funny!

I am suffering again from diarrhea.  I wonder what is causing this ailment. It is a pain in the butt LOL. I'll have to take more Immodium. I just took two earlier but they did not help my condition. I'll have to take more I am afraid.

It was a very nice day today, no rain, imagine that.

I had another accident, The pickle jar slipped out of my fingers, that keeps happening to me. I have very little grip now. Maybe I should use two hands, ya think?
Too bad now we'll have to buy another jar.
 
Isn't this a pretty quilt, I like pink and yellow together.
 
Cat and Mouse block ,four windmills and five squares , I think those are windmill blocks. No I checked and they are not windmills.  I forget what they are called. I'll just call them kites haha.
Mary and her cat. Love this picture of her. She looks relaxed, a cat can do that to you.
 
Beautiful red thread I am partial to red, it always attracts me first. And I am an Aries and red is our colour.
Now isn't she adorable  and don't miss the little boy. Can you find him? I almost missed him myself.
That is all that is on my mind tonight, my mind is a blank LOL.
 
Have a great evening.
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love fried green tomatoes.
Also our farmers market has had these nice big red tomatoes for the last month. I have bought them 3 weeks in a row. They taste as though you picked them right off the vine. I ask where they were coming from and they said, CANADA . They are the best, especially with our tasteless winter tomatoes here in the states. Jean

Anonymous said...

Ah, that elusive Forsythia poem! That's ok if it is lost. Thanks for taking the time to try to find it. I appreciate it. I've looked all over the internet trying to find it but have never come across anything in many years. Thanks so much for the lines that you remembered! I'll let you know if I ever find it. Take care,

Harold