a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

forgetting

I almost forgot about writing my blog. I was reading my e mail for the first time today and writing slipped my mind.

I had to go to the doctor for a full examination. She did that for Ray a while ago. It is basically checking up your blood pressure , body strength, eyesight, heart , lungs. She was very happy with the state of my health and so am I. While I still need a walker for balance the rest of me is good. She said I looked very good too.
I had to ask her to fill out a form for my driver's licence that the Department of Motor Vehicles had sent in themail. She filled it out and had it faxed to the government.  So all that was easy.
The appointment was for 3:30 so we were late getting home as we had to go to Safeway for a prescription for Ray. We had a coffee at Starbucks while we waited for the prescription.

 
 
Forest Paths Block is courtesy of Susan of Starwood Quilter. Another great find from Susan.  Thank you.
 
Another of Susan's blocks, Cups and Saucers. Isn't it great !  Lovely fabrics.
 
 
S is for Sewing Machine.  Powered by my flying feet, making stitches fast and neat, my new machine  will just amaze, It does in hours what once took days.
 
This is the text on the picture . I had to make the picture X large to read the text but don't want the picture to be so big on the blog.
Pretty quilt on the machine.
 
 
Richard at the computer. He is very absorbed.
 
This quilt is called Dear Hannah. It is very like Dear Jane. The blocks are different and I like the black background , it makes the blocks in bright fabrics  stand right out.
Brenda M. Papadakis is responsible for the book Dear Hannah. The book show the black background on the cover.
 
I am sure craving salt these days. It feels like I might be pregnant LOLOL!!  I wonder why we get such cravings for no known reason. It is not sweets I want  but salts. So I'll make Popcorn  tonight.
 
I make many knitted dishcloths but I think the next ones I make will be crocheted. I have the wool and the hook so that's what I plan to do.
There, aren't these pretty, not mine,  I found them on the net. I like the colours.
 
I took out the patches for the guild today and pinned the pieces together. Maybe tomorrow I will sew them . Some are the same as the ones I last did for the guilt and the other set is a bit different.
 
Now I am going to cease writing.
Have a beautiful evening folks.
Good night!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: