a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 29, 2013

At the Golf course

It was a beautiful day with a high wind , clear  sky and sunshine. Not everyone likes the wind but I tend to really love the wind in my face. At least if it is not causing damage I love it.

Maureen picked me up to go for lunch at the Burnaby Golf Course. I had not been there before and I think it is close to my niece's home. There were six of us , Marie, Valanna, Olga, Eunice, Maureen and me. We all belonged to the  Healthy Heart  Helpers group at one time. I no longer and have not belonged for some years but the other ladies are still going. It was fun to get together with my good friends. We talked for a long time after our lunch , I thought they might throw us out. I was so happy to see everyone.
 As with all golf courses the grounds are lovely. And there were beautiful plantings as well.
Once outside after lunch we asked a close by golfer who was getting ready to leave if he would take our picture. He was most gracious and did as we had asked. So here we are 6 ladies whose hair is blowing in the wind LOL.
 
We made a date to meet again at the end of August.
Thank you Maureen for driving me to and fro.
When Maureen drove me home I was feeling a bit under the weather but I sat down and visited with Ray and then we watched Jessica which is what I call Murder She Wrote. We have been watching Margaret Rutherford in black and white , she playing the part of Miss Marple as written by Agatha Christie.
 
 
I was feeling not so well by then and lay down for an hour. Last night I slept badly and had to get a bit of sleep this afternoon.
 
I did not have any dinner tonight , still full from lunch but now I feel a bit peckish so I'll eat after the blog is finished.
 
Thanks Kathy for reminding me that guild is next week or I'd be sitting out on the driveway waiting for you LOL!!
 
So I'm done for the night.
Have a good evening.
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: