a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 11, 2013

local shop


 http://store.hamelsfabrics.com/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=6345451225316345&Store_id=360&page_id=23&Item_ID=82629

One of our kind of local stores, a good one and they mail. I have ordered there before and then send it out by mail. Why? because the store is actually in Chilliwack.
 
We  had a day out HURRAH!! After being stuck in the apartment being sick we were finally feeling better today . We went to Wal Mart as Ray buys margarine there by the sixes. It is more reasonable. We did buy other groceries and the bill came to $99. Can you imagine that , under $100. Now that is a huge event. However we did not get to any other department of the store other tha the grocery section. LOL. Why? I am full of questions today, because we were hungry and wanted to go to Wendy's up the street. Not just hungry but shaking, not good!
 
We did go to Wendy's and I being very bad had poutine.
Then we came home, I was tired so lay down and read my book The Kitchen House. It is a very good read. I will not be happy when it is finished but want to read it every chance I get.
 
 
I did not get to guild last night nor dinner  because I was still dizzy from whatever ailed me. So I missed it all and I wanted to see the speaker who was from Freckles in Calgary Alberta. Now I will have to go and visit the store when I go to visit Richard and Peter in Calgary.  Kathy said she would fill me in on the evening.
I hope she enjoyed it.
 
I just spent a half hour setting up an appointment for blood tests on the 22nd. It took so long because it preferred me to go on the 23rd and would not believe me when I said the 22nd. Computers are such funny things aren't they.  I'm going on the 22nd no matter what because the 23rd is Tuesday and my sewing day. LOL.
 
My third son Peter had to have a biopsy on his thyroid today. I was very worried about that so I called him. He said not to worry as it was  a growth that had been there for years and the doctor wanted to see what was up. Of course I worry. Who wouldn't My five little boys. Ricky at the back left, Peter and Jamie on the right, Adam holding Matthew in front.
 
 
 
We are watching The Amish Mafia. We did watch it before so this is the second episode for us. It is interesting.
 
 
 
 
I like this lovely blue block but can't find the pattern. It is a 6 inch block so the squares will be 3 inches finished and the half square triangle blocks should be dressed out at 3 inches unfinished and cut down to 2 inches.  That should be fun LOL.
 
 
 
Rose and her baby. So sweet isn't she?
 
 
Jim getting his photo taken.
 
Prince Charles in his Scottish outfit while in his Scottish castle, well it will be his one day. He makes a fine looking Scotsman. I am not sure whether the castle is Glamis or Balmoral.
 
It is time to close folks.
Have a good evening.
Good night!


 
 
I
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, a few days ago you showed a picture of a forsythia bush and wrote: "The forsythia bush as everyone knows Is sunshine arranged in bright yellow bows".

Do you know the rest of the lines of that poem? I've been trying to figure them out but can't think of them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Harold