a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dona

Dona here  is Rick's picture with his quilt and your gorgeous block front and centre. Mucho Thanks!
 
It was a very good day with Richard. He went out for a while to pick a friend up from the airport . He dad was thought to have had a stroke. His truck is fixed with hand controls and a chair lift so he is able to drive still.
 
He is having a nice time, off to the movies tonight with another friend.  I am happy he is having fun. He seems to enjoy himself wherever he is. It is wonderful to see him happy and busy.
A busy day for me too. After we went to the pharmacy to pick up some prescriptions. Ray thought he had lost them but thought to check before he cried LOL. And as luck would have it they were  at the pharmacy. Then we had to go to another little mall to get my candies that I have at bed time, just a couple but I like it.
 
When we got home I made macaroni and cheese for dinner. I am not very happy with the cheese I bought at Safeway. It was not like it used to be and I bought old too which was at one time the very best. I need to check elsewhere I am afraid.
 
Or maybe the cheese that Ray bought last time was medium which is not nearly as good as old cheddar. It has too much glue in it. Yes they do use glue which is why I only buy aged as they don't add glue.
 
This is and old hand crank sewing machine. It is always a conundrum to me  how anyone could  use a hand crank and then try to hold on to the fabric. I need two hands.
 
I know that this is a kitten at the face but it sure looks like a poodle on the other end. I have never seen such a kitten before. Has anyone?
 
Cat and dog antagonism and size makes a difference. The cat wins LOL!
 
Double Pinwheel so nice for a baby quilt.  It is a common block and you can find the pattern on the net if you out the name of the block into your browser.
 
Look at this little guy. Isn't this exceptional coloration on his hind quarters and the white around his eyes looks so to me. I am not an expert on horses or anything else for that matter but he looks very different.
We are undergoing some beautiful days right now, it seems that it goes on and on. I am not complaining though as it is very relaxing to sit in the sun and feel the warmth on my face. I relish the warmth right now as I do not like the hot days where I am enervated by the heat. This is wonderful, blue skies, surrounded by purple mountains and immersed in the green of all the gorgeous trees that  are on every block in the city.  And don't forget the beautiful spring flowers. Paradise.
Ready to plant and to turn blue in our acidic soil.
It is time to go folks.
 Have a great evening.
Good night!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: