a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, May 13, 2013

Sewing a day early.

http://www.wpcreek.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html
Interesting tutorials for a number of small items that couldbe considered as gifts. one such item is a cover for your e reader. I bogut one when I bought my reader so it won't be practical for me to make one for myself and the only other person in my family who has a reader is Adam. His wife is a wonderful sewer and could make one for him if he wanted one. She is quite amazing , makes anything you want including clothes for her grandchildren. I wish I had learned to sew well when I was young instead of waiting until I am in my 70s and 80s. But still it is fun to do and I make some things , mostly quilts , dishcloths and socks.


These are made from self striping yarn. I love to watch the way it knits up. I was making socks for lal my friends before I had to stay in the hospitalfor so long and I have not gotten back to doing it.
 
I did do some sewing today. The blocks from the guild were sitting there waiting to be sewn up so I put them together by sewing the sides of the blocks and getting one block completed. The others were just put together in rows but I didn't sew the rows together because I got tired. Anyway tomorrow is another day. But tomorrow is my Tuesday and we can't go the the church as it is election day and the church is a voting place. So we are going to Joan's way out near the border.  It will be fun to go somewhere different. So the sewing will have to wait until Wednesday.
 
We have to go and vote tomorrow too ,I think we'll do that after I get back from sewing. I hope all goes well during the election.
 
I stayed in all day today, Ray went out to do some errands. He had to go for another blood test for his potassium this morning. Then he went to Safeway for some prescriptions and next to the dentist for some plate cleaner and finally to the hobby shop to get some paints. But when he got there he found it was closed on Mondays. I suspect he'll go tomorrow when I am off for the day.
 
New patterns from the house of Moda LOL.
 
I have been going through my pictures and deleting some of them. When I went to the trash basket there was nothing there. Where did they go and what of all that work and time I spent deleting. I am not a happy camper LOL.
 
And I have the fabric to prove it LOL. Not that I am doing much sewing these days.
 
And according to my grandsons this is true.
 
Do you save buttons, do you have a collection of buttons. My mom had twocontainers of buttons . I don't know where they went but I wish I had them now. These are pretty colours , pinks and greens.
 
Such a beauty, I wish I knew what it was. So many gorgeous birds in this world.
 
Oh my isn't this one cute, I felt like this today Haha.
 
Pretty table topper for your dining room table, nice and bright for spring.
 

Richard trying to put his shoes on. Not an easy task for him these days.
 
I'm out of thinking for tonight so it is time to go.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: