a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, May 3, 2013

stripping and sewing

Oh my it was another glorious day here in Vancouver. High cloud or no cloud lovely sunshine, warm temperatures. It was lovely to sit on my walker seat and drink in the warmth of the day. It certainly was a day to take advantage of.

I had to purchase some fabric for our Bingo game coming up soon.
The theme is Up North. So here is my Up North fabric with moose and such.
 
This certainly looks like up north.
We had a few stops to make today and that kept us out for a good part of the afternoon.
Travelling around and walking all over the place makes me tired so when we came home I sat down and rested. Not a very exciting day! But then most days cannot be exciting can they? There has to be a break in the fun LOL!
 
Ray bought some rhubarb and cooked it, he's eating  some right now. He loves it, I don't haha. So it is all his.
 
 http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---nifty-strip-piecing-technique-by-bloom.htm

I am sure most quilters have figured this one out but just in case you are doing squares the hard way try this strip piecing  method.

http://www.craftsy.com/ext/20130503_1_FB_quilting_club_1b

Now isn't this a cheerful little wall hanging?  A great quilt for spring that will cheer up your home.
 
Richard went to buy a new electric wheelchair that fits his physique. All this is so awful for him and for me as well even though I do not have to suffer the pain and inconvenience of the horrible disease. I pray for him each and every day.
 
Time for dogs.
Dogs make wonderful nurses.And great comments !!
 
And cats too lend a helping hand, well head in this case LOL.
 
Middle of the night, middle of the morning, middle of the afternoon it is all good!!
 
LOL!
 
Views of Kansas as shown by my friend David who was originally from Kansas and loves the state. He has several of these old barns to show. I find them equally fascinating. When we were travelling through that state I often saw such buildings but as you know there is no taking photos going at 80 miles an hour LOL.
 
Young Adam with his usual big grin on. He is such a pleasant boy. I wish we got to see more of him but he lives in Louisiana and I am not able to travel far into the states. It is tough !
 
So we are watching the hockey game , what a waste of time for us , we are losing again. Antti Miemi is such an amazing goalie , can't beat him.
Time is up folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night!
Fabulous colours folks , these delight the eyes.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: