a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

two new sites for you

http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/block-of-the-month-2013/  
New to me site with Block of the Month details.

_Free Sewing Machine Mat Tutorial |_
(
http://katiesquiltingcorner.com/2012/02/free-sewing-machine-mat-tutorial.html)


This is a very nice tutorial on a sewing machine mat. Lots of examples and then the real goods, how to make one.

We voted today. It was in the afternoon and there were no lineups. I was happy to note that quite a few young people were at the voting booths. Have the times changed and are young people getting involved in the workings of their government? Whoever wins this election I am happy the young ones are involved. It is a good sign for democracy.

Pat picked me up this morning and we went to Surrey for our sewing group as the church was a voting poll. Joan has  a large two story  house. She showed the ladies her upstairs sewing room but I was not allowed to go up the stairs and for a good reason . The staircase was quite long and I am unstable on stairs. I would have loved to see her sewing atelier though. She is a very productive quilter and has been working on paper pieced Margaret Rolf's Australian Animals and her blocks are fabulous. It was so impressed I forgot to take photos. Have you noticed a pattern here? I keep forgetting to take pictures. Next week I'll ask Joan if  I can take a picture of them.
Joan made a wonderful cake for dessert and served it with whipped cream.
I continued to work on my applique-hearts LOL. Pat was working on her beautiful yellow roses, Sharon was working on the houses she is making and I was not sure what everyone else was doing, except for The other Joan who was doing these adorable hearts with little lambs in the middle.
Sharon taking a photo of my end of the table and I took one ofher end of the table . Unfortunatley the light was bad, too much of it I am afraid.
 
We came home after lunch and Ray and I went to vote.
Outside the voting booths was another member of the community waiting his turn LOL.
Patiently waiting.
 
A good citizen, he is fabulous.Never even moved when we approached him.
When we got home from voting Richard called and we had a long conversation. He had a lovely time in Cuba.
Entrance to Hotel Nacional in Havana Cuba.


A form of transportation in Cuba. Notice no line up of cars.
 
A traditional view of Cuba, land of sun , sand and sharks LOL. Isn't it beautiful.
 
And then there is Peter who is visiting another paradise ....
Beauty in Hawaii, surf's up.
 
One more picture..
Coming in for a landing This lady lives in an area where the Hummingbirds pass through. They are so used to her  that the actually land on her hand to eat whatever she is passing out. I think it is sugar and sugar water. Thsi is a beautiful natural photograph. Nature and mankind relating to each other positively.
 
Time is up folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


.

No comments: