a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Try this pattern


out your rotary cutter! Click: http://www.craftsy.com/ext/20130515_1_FB_quilting_club_1

 
 
 
 
Farmer's Wife 111 blocks, 6 inches size. Amazing quilt.Go to Craftsy Blog to learn more. : http://www.craftsy.com/ext/20130503_1_FB_quilting_club_2b
 
Does it remind you of Dear Jane?
 
I lost most of my blog again,wonder why.
Remember when I mentioned yesterday the button jar my mom had. She had two of them and both Marg and I got one. Mine dieappeared but Marg's didn't. Today she brought it over for me as a gift, lovely gift Marg and I am so happy that you were so kind as to give it to me. I love it. Thank you my dear sister.
This jar is old and made of tin. Can you see the picture on it. It is not very clear. The jar is made in two section and then put together .How I don't know. It is a bit dented but still in good shape. I am sure it is about 80 years old or more. I remember it when I was a child. I used to play with the buttons.



 
 
We had a lovely day in the park, Queen Elizabeth Park. It is up on what we used to call Little Mountain . At one time there was nothing up there but a reservoir and a dirt road to the top but only to the top and you had to turn around to go down. It is not very high just a big hill really. It was once a quarry where they mined for granatic basalt. it is an ancient volcanic formation.
Now there is a gorgeous garden all throughout the area. We were remarking on it today that whoever did the park did an amazing job. We took pictures for you to see how beautiful it is.
 
Beautiful Rhododendrons all over the park. Look at this one below for more gorgeous colour.
Many varieties and colours.
Isn't this an amazing tree, it is huge. The park board has it trimmed so people can walk under it.
 
This sculpture has  been in the park for eons and thousands have had their picture taken  with this family. We have had ours take several times. It is cloudy in this picture and so not very good but some ladies from Japan offered to take the picture of us. We took theirs too. It is all give and take up there on Little Mountain. Many people from many countries visit this park. There is also the Conservatory up there with birds and plants in it. We didn't go there today as I was not sure if my walker could take the walks . I think they are made of boards.
 
So that was our day. We did enjoy ourselves. Next time we'll have lunch.
 
Have a great evening folks.
Good night.
 
A view from the top-right across to the mountains.
 
 






 
 
 
 
 
 




.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: