a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sewing Tuesday

Pat was back from her holiday and she picked me up this morning. We went to Starbucks for coffee and gossip. Then to our sewing group.  It was a full group today , all the chairs were filled. Not much opportunity to talk to the ladies on the other end of the tables but it was great to see so many of us out this morning. Some had not been for a while so it was like old home week. As you know we only applique on Tuesdays so I can call it Applique Tuesday as a working title for the group.
I worked on the hearts but just got one appliqued. I think my stitches are too small LOL. I also looked through a quilt magazine ate lunch ,chatted with the people at my end of the tables and had a good time.
I did not go to Community Quilts or Betty's as I was already tired and didn't want to get worse so Pat drove me home where I just fell on the bed and went to sleep.
Ray woke me up at 3:00 .  I spent a bit of time on Facebook and e mail and then started on the blog and that is where I am now LOL.
It was another gorgeous day here in Vancouver, record temperatures and Long lovely days. It has been thus for some time, we are not having rain at all. I know that will end but in the meantime this is wonderful.
We are okay though with the heat as we have a portable air conditioner that takes care of keeping us comfortable.

We have some lovely dishes in our home. Here are some of them that sit on the kitchen counter. You will notice the squares I was working on the other day. I have not gotten back to them yet but hope to do so tomorrow.
I love this one, it is so true. Nice sewing machine there on her table.
 
I liked this kid before and I still like her/him. This is a good philophy to live by.
 
This is another philosophy to live by.Good idea folks.
 
Isn't he gorgeous, can you imagine what it took to make his head. First you had to draw it before even considering the  laying on of fabric.Some people are so clever and creative.
 
Good old Singer always reliable in those days and most homes had one. Ours didn't though as mom did not sew, she knit instead, particularly socks. She alwasy had a pair of socks on the go . I recall that she went to Woodwards  $1.49 Day to buy her yarn.
 
Now isn't this friendly, so cute.
 
Time is up for me folks.
Have a lovely evening.
Good night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: