a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

pretty table topper



 http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects-ideas/throws-wall-hangings/reproduction-baskets-quilt_1.html


Little baskets ,little baskets, dressed in 30s reproduction fabrics and so pretty .
I love this, four blocks and a border, what could be easier...And look the border blocks are just cut to fit ,any simple cut will do.

We had another good day, beautiful sunny day. We mailed Richard's quilt today. It will arrive on Tuesday and he is heading out to Cuba on Monday. He is a brave man. I hope Ricky will be able to stay home and wait for the parcel. It has been a hard task to get it to him . I also made the label , saved it and now can't find it. I need to check out all the computer. I thought it saved to my pictures but can't find it there. Computers can be a bit of a pain sometimes LOL.

But the rest of the day was good, we went to Richmond to a hobby shop. Ray has been wanting to get a kit for doing ships. He has done two of them already. Now he has a third. Tehy are pricey and he gets very nervous when he spends a bit of money outside his comfort zone. However the ship is difficult and will take hime over a year to do the job. It isn't that bad for a hobby. He is entitled to the kit as far as I am concerned. So I made him buy it. I just told the guy at the store that we would take it. The ship is The Resolution . Captain James Cook sailed her into the Pacific, the first  English ship to go that far.
Beautiful painting of the Resolution, a sloop of the Royal Navy.
 
After buying the kit we went off to IHOP for lunch. I had an omelet and Ray had cinnamon pancakes. All very nice. By then it was getting on in the day and we had to get going because of the bridge traffic. It gets pretty bad after 3:00 O'Clock. We caught the early part of the rush hour, it was not that bad .
I had to go to Fabricland for a package of fabrics to go through the computer and found some WOW fabric that I wanted to use as a background for an embroidery block.
We got home and I wrote up the label that I lost. We weren't hungry so haven't eaten dinner. But now I feel like a bite to eat.
And I made a salad, too me Feta cheese and I really like that.
 
We are watching the hockey game Canucks against San Jose Sharks. A playoff game, it should be a good one. Luongo is in goal and he managed the two minute penalty with no goal. Good job Roberto. Rick and Ricky are both watching too, but in Calgary.
This quilt is really lovely , hearts upside and downside , chevrons in between the rows.
 
 
 
Good blocks byAurifil and Pat Sloan.
 
 
 
 
 
This one is amusing  and clever!
 
 
 
Time stands still for no woman. In that case I need to get going on my sewing.
 
lol A racer :>)))
 
Under the sewing machine Warm and cozy .
So that is my offering for today , I hope you all enjoy it.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Good night!
 
Whoops forgot this one . Have you ever seen this Dear Jane in this colour combination?
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments: