a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, May 23, 2013

not quite after 8 but close

I am late tonight but the day went late for us. I made dinner for Richard and Ricky. They had been at the boat   all day and were late getting back here for dinner. We communicated by phone so I knew when to put the dinner in the oven to cook. It was after 6:30 when we sat down. By the time we ate and cleaned up it was even later and it slipped my mind about the blog.
Ricky left after dinner to go to his friend's place where he is staying.  We were just sitting her watching TV when I realized it was time to get at the blog.

Ray and I had to go to the store today for coffee cream. Now that Richard is here and using cream in his coffee we ran out before our shopping day. Back to the grocery store once again. We spend a lot of time there for sure. I am sure there is a more efficient way to shop but Ray loves going to the store. While we were there I ran into a teacher friend from my school. It was good to see her as I rarely see any teachers in my travels except of course while at my quilting and pot luck groups.

As is often the way I was wiped out when we got home and had to lay down for a while. the phone always seems to interrupt my little naps so I got  up and began preparing dinner. Not cooking it but just getting things ready. My mom used to do that. Funny how we
internalize  what our parents do without thinking. I wonder where my mom got her habits. She was young when her mother died after years of illness so she must have made her own rules. My mom was the most organized person I ever knew. Her linen closet was so perfect aligned that you'd think she had taken a ruler to it to measure the sheets and towels. Oh how I wish I could be like her but I am not. I can only admire her.
 It was a nice dinner with Richard and Ricky, they both had a wonderful day at the boat and were very happy.
Ricky sat down on the dock and these dogs from another boat came over to visit. Ricky loves dogs and obviously dogs love him.


What a beautiful Twister quilt, I love
the colours.
 
 Puss in Boots, nothing could be cuter than this little guy.
 

Gorgeous roses from our daughter in law Margo in Quebec.
 
Keeping the owls in tune.
 


 And more cuteness, he is so fuzzy he reminds me of a child's toy.

Have you made a blue and white quilt yet? I haven't and frankly it is not in my plans right now.

That's it folks, have a delightful evening.
Good night!









No comments: