a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

potholders


http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/12/60-minute-gift-herringbone-hot-pads.html#.UZqeCXFpvz8.blogger



Beautiful Herringbone as only Moda can make it.


A basket full of  love.
 
 
Free quilt patterns by Lynette Anderson, if you are looking for something nice and easy.
 
Today was my quilting day so Pat picked me up . First we went for coffee at Starbucks, then off to the church for sewing. Lots of lovely friends there today. And of course there was some beautiful sewing happening. We had a good chat with the teachers on board as we have a newly elected government which is not happy with education , namely teachers. Our new Premier is talking about having a 10 year contract with the teacher's union.  We are all horrified with that . I think there would be an uprising of teachers if that were to come to pass.
Interesting to hear what others have to say.
Some of the talk was about the movie The Great Gatsby, I hope to see that one. Kathy said she would also like to see it so we are arranging a date. I hope next Monday. The Great Gatsby has been made three times  , I have never seen one of them . Sonce I like Leonardo Di Caprio I really want to see this one. Although Robert Redford was in one of the remakes and I like him too.
robert.....Leonardo...
 
 
 
I didn't go to Community Quilts once again , I was too tired so Pat took me home since she goes by our place on her way to Hop On's where she buys her produce. We go there too for fresh produce from the gardens behind the store. Acres of plantings.
I hope to go to Community quilts next week. I see most of those women at guild so if I miss them on Tuesday I can catch up then.
 
Baby Rose checking things out on the outside.


Mary says Rose is her kitten because she likes to sit in the box. Isn't she a busy little girl.
 
Here comes the dogs.


This Oklahoma boy is sitting by his owner , not moving and the owner is dead. How awful for this good boy. I hope he finds a good home.
 
Love this one, the cat has the power!!
And I promised you dogs so here they are.
 
Nice block I can't locate the pattern, maybe you can. Send it to me if you do.
 
 
And I am done for the night.
Have a good evening folks.
Good night!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: