a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Adam's visit.

 http://j.mp/16hwlTs

An interesting partly finished quilt top. I like those melons and the variety of colour.

Ray and I went grocery shopping this morning. I didn't do a lot, Ray just whips around the store and picks up what we need . We shop at Price Smart mostly but then we go to Safeway for other items and I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up an item. Safeway has been sold to Sobey's and there have been many changes in the store and in the product. I am afraid we won't be going there so often. No problem though as there is always Extra Foods as an alternative.

We did not stay out too long as Adam was coming at 3:00 and he was right on time. But before we came home we went to the library and picked up a book by Stephen Hawkins that I had ordered the other day. 
Adam came in and we talked for some time. We have lots to say since we rarely get together as we live so far apart.
Then we went to TOPS for dinner. We had not been there for some time and it was nice to see everyone and to get the familiar tasty meals. 

Back at home for the football game and then the hockey game. So I just play around with my computer and then I will go to bed and read my book. It is almost finished and then I start on Stephen Hawkin's book. It can be kept for three weeks so Rick will have time to read it while he is here at the end of this week. The book is the history of Hawkins struggle with ALS. He has survived over 20 years with this dreadful disease. He was diagnosed at 20. Rick tells me that those who are diagnosed that young live a long time. It seems that there is an end life for ALS and that would be somewhere in your fifties , so if you get it young you could live to fifty. This is just my observation and I could be wrong so don't take it as gospel.


I saw this pattern once in a magazine but of course have no idea which one. So I looked it up and found the basic pattern for a jigsaw quilt on Janet Wickell About.com
So if you want to see it just go to Janet's site. It is interesting even if you don't want to make it.

Feathered stars. Look at all those half square  triangles. I can only imagine making that. But it is beautiful.
I did no sewing today as you can tell by my blog, too busy to sew. And tomorrow we won't be here, we're going to Sam's for dinner and lamb shanks. Oh heaven. I love lamb. So it will be Sunday before I can get to my table topper. It is half quilted so it should be done soon. I like it. Just the binding to do and my plan is to sew it down by machine. I am excited to get it done and start another one.

Two sleepy owls , well one has one eye open keeping watch on the landscape for any danger.

This picture is such a heart warming piece. The soldier feeding the puppies makes my eyes water. I love this picture. 

And so to bed.....
Have a great evening folks.
Good night.











-

No comments: