a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

cover

http://tips.allpeoplequilt.com/basics/relax-and-enjoy-new-sewing-techniques/




You can find this great block and many others in the mccallsquilting site above.

And this one too
Good old Buzz Saw. My friend Betty makes good Buzz Saw quilts.

Sharon Schamber's daughter's tutorial.

I am wondering if I did this one before but then I think nothing hurts twice unless you are banging your head on the wall LOL.

Today Was my Tuesday sewing group and nearly everyone was back in the game after the end of summer. The weather is not aware though and is just as beautiful as it has been all summer.  We had such a great time together. Lots of good quilting going on of course. I took a few pictures. 
This is a great boy block but I have no idea what that is in the corner. Strange things happening at the Tuesday group.

Sharon's quilt has lovely colours but then she always chooses wonderful colours.

A different Sharon and friends  made this lovely quilt for a friend's new baby. In each center is a little farm animal . It is very cute.
I came home from the church with Pat as I am still not up to the long day that I have when I got to Pumpkin Seeds and Betty's after that.  I get up early on Tuesdays and if I stay out until 4:00 It is way too long a day for me.
My eyes are just awful tonight so if there are any errors in this blog forgive me.
Pat drove me home and I had a lie down for a bit , and did nothing for the rest of the day. 
Then I made dinner, a Depression dinner that mom used to make during the 40s and 50s and I made for my kids and now for Ray. It is just macaroni and canned tomatoes.  I love it and no one so far has thrown it out LOL. I put onions and celery in mine and when it is int he bowl I add some butter and Parmesan cheese. It appears I need to dress up everything haha.

Tomorrow Kathy and I are going for dinner before Guild. I have not heard back from Barb and Judith can't go so it may just be the two of us.
We haven't been able to get up to the hospital to see Bob but I hope maybe tomorrow. 

Pretty pillows I like these but have no pattern for you.



This little owl was in Quiltmaker Magazine and I believe the pattern can be had on the internet at Quiltmaker magazine.


And this is it for me. My eyes are so sore that I need to rest them.

Have a great evening folks.
Good night.

























No comments: