a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, September 9, 2013

Wow lots of readers yesterday

I had the most readers ever yesterday and it was a great surprise. Thanks to everyone who takes in my blog.

This has been a restful Monday. I watched my shows this morning, the old Perry Mason, Ironsides and the old Hawaii 50. This sounds familiar , maybe I mentioned them before.  This watching was going on after my newspaper reading and I had read my e mail. I still read Facebook while watching TV. Usually I get most of both things. Not bad for a brain that has been working as long as mine has LOL.

Then we went to London Drugs , where else LOL. We did some shopping and I bought a cute book called Olivia and the Ballet. Now the conundrum is who gets it. Catherine in Quebec or Charlotte who loves ballet and I think she loves Olivia too if my memory serves me right.

After the adventures of Nan and Ray at London Drugs we needed nourishment so set our sights on Tim Horton's.  There we each had a doughnut with coffee. It was good.
And we saw this beauty .


Then it was off to Kins' for fruits and vegetables. And to Cob's for bread. We came home exhausted LOL.

We washed all the foods we bought at Kin's and put them away. Ray put some stuff on the bottom of the drawer where the pots go. He washed it first because we had some potatoes that had gone bad  and left marks. We have never had that happen before. 

Now we are sitting down and watching TV again. Well I am writing my blog. 
And with that I am going to put the blog away until after supper when I usually write it. Later !

http://tinyurl.com/bloomin-9-patch-gallery

Blooming 9 Patch and loads of examples. Have a look!


oooo Lots of beautiful pink.


http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/08/quilted-patchwork-pouch.html


Cute little pouch , it can be used for a number of things, personal and quilty.

An idea for a table topper , this one is an Autumn piece . No pattern but just an idea.

More things today, I sewed some. Not like so many of you who can almost make a quilt in a day like Eleanor. I sewed two blocks for my guild project , the little packs of blocks that I sew up for the guild. I did not start until later in the day so only got two done. I always pin so that tales a bit of time. But here they are, 12 inch 9 patches.


No pressing done on these as I did not want to get the ironing board out and put it up. Another day. possible Wednesday.

LOL.

Try and figure this one out Kitty. Ah you'll just make an awful mess out of it. 

Adam , the pseudo spy and my eldest son. He never smiles.

A family affair and a family of grizzlies.

This is a wonderful photo and a truthful comment.


Love is everything. So adorable.

Your great grandma and me doing our washing back in the olden days LOL.
And that is all folks.

Have a lovely evening.
Good night.











































































No comments: