a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, September 14, 2013

season musings

'Tis nearly the end of barbecue season. I hope it was a great season for everybody. We are still enjoying wonderful weather , it has been a long hot summer to quote somebody.
But the time is coming to stay indoors and sew! So be prepared.

Pat on the Hill made this Blooming Nine Patch.

Amazing isn't it. It is made all out of nine patches with shadings of colour to make it bloom.



Paper pieced patterns of castles, enough to make a quilt. Have a look, it might be interesting to you.

bdieges  comes to you with a design in the image of Escher. This is the second time this week that I have heard his name. Funny that.


Triangles all over in this one.

I think my camera has packed it in. So if the elevator is fixed by Monday I am going out to buy another one LOL.

Here is one of the pictures I took, what do you think?
Another one... So what do you think? I think it is time to retire this one.

Ao to my elevator story. The elevator is still not working and we wanted to do our grocery shopping, so we had to use the stairs.
There are about 4 flights of 8 stairs each and a landing at each flight. Ray had to carry my walker down each flight and up again with the groceries. When we went down I hung on to the railings but on one flight my legs buckled and I fell but fortunately it was a bum fall haha. And on the way up I had pains in my chest so I will stay home tomorrow. No more stairs for me. But I like to stay home once in a while, it is restful and I can sew or read.
Speaking of reading I finished my book by J A Jance today. I like her books. This one was the Ali Reynolds series. It had the most thuggish, cruel bad guy I have ever encountered in my readings. Of course All's Well That Ends Well Said some other guy.

While we were out we had lunch at Tim Horton's, bought the groceries ,not very much as Ray had to carry them up the stairs.

After out adventures on the stairs I lay down and finished my book . Then it was time to sew . I made one star block for the guild  and it was time to make dinner. We bought a pizza and heated it up. It was quite good and just fine for the two of us. We could only eat two pieces so I guess it is cold pizza for dinner tomorrow LOL.

http://www.simplicity.com/t-free-quilt-patterns-double-wedding-ring.aspx

Double Wedding Ring quilt.
The instructions for this quilt and the fabric requirements are in the site above. If you have the courage to make one. I think you can get paper pieced  patterns for this quilt. Personally It would be the only way I would do one. And I don't like paper piecing so I guess that's it for me. ))

Isn't this a great dog. I wonder what he is looking at, his dad up stream or is he thinking of going for a swim.
Or maybe he is looking for my Jim or Jim is looking for him. The two pictures go together don't you think? 

And this is a quilt of a sewing machine just in case you could not figure it out. Hahahaha.

I don't think your mom bought this big machine for you to sleep in. LOL.

Haha this one made me laugh and so on that note I am signing off.
Have a wonderful evening folks.
Good night.



















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, Tim Horton's, I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Just reset your camera settings. Increase the brightness.