a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

elevator works maybe


http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-video---double-wedding-ring-by-kaye-wood.htm





A free list of handy hints on how to make a variety of things.
And Ray went for a ride on the elevator Hurrah!


So we are featuring string piecing tonight. I personally have never done it but it appeals to me on one level.  No rules!

I am still a bit under the weather and stayed in all day despite the elevator being fixed. I called the doctor about my symptoms and he said to stop taking the pills he prescribed. So I did. I still am not up to scratch but getting better. Tomorrow I am sure we can get out.
I need to go to the library to return my books and I want to take out a book by Richard Castle.    We watch the TV show so I want to read the stories. Readers are like that.  Reading comes first always.
I recall the day when books were all we had and maybe a movie on Saturday if mom had the money. Usually a dime , 5 cents for the movie and 5 for fries.
I had a nap today and Jim called so We had a great conversation. He always makes me  laugh.  He has been up the roof on one of his houses and reroofing it. He said he almost fell off. Not for the first time. He fell off the ladder at Peter's place while painting it and broke his foot. He still drove all the way back to Edmonton with that foot. He is implacable. Whatever that is LOL. Hmm it means unmoving so  he is not implacable. He is amazing haha. No more big words used incorrectly.
After I got up I sandwiched my Halloween table topper , pressed the one I made last year for my table.
But I did not sew anything. I want to make up more stars for the guild tomorrow.
Then I sat down and rested. Ray made corn on the cob for dinner. our appetites are not good these days so one cob each worked for us. 
Adam is coming tomorrow from Louisiana in the evening and is going to Sam's. We'll see him on Thursday. I am looking forward to his visit.
I had a call from my old school friend Clairee who is coming up to Vancouver for a visit from Washington state. She will be here next week. That will be great! 

Blue on blue and a piece of art on this wall. The orange takes the spotlight.


Aren't these twins beauties. It is a very unusual event when twins are born to a mare.  Horses don't have twins very often and these two are perfect.

We have had rain here the past few days. I find the rain beating on the roof the best sleeping aid.
This guy is so expressive and look he is dry.
Does anyone remember Elsie the Borden Cow? It was a long time ago.

And that is it for tonight my friends.
Have a great evening folks.
Good night.














No comments: