a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, September 23, 2013

movie day

Morning and I will be off soon to the movies with Kathy. We are going to see The Butler. I am excited as I do want to see this one.
And I truly enjoyed this film for its historical content. It spanned the time periods from the 1920 where his , Cecil Gaines, parents were sharecroppers in the cotton fields of Macon Georgia. His mother was raped by the farmer who owned the fields and his father was shot dead by the same man. His mom became mentally sick and the lady of the house took him in as a house negro. He left there when   he grew uo, waited tables in a Club and was selected by a member to come to the white house as a butler.
Cecil was most effective as a butler and served through the residencies of 8 presidents. All most interesting as it was in interesting times. Don't the Chinese say , may you live in interesting times. He did during the 60s when the Civil Rights movement was active. I remember so much of these times which made it deeply intense and real for me.  The performances of Lee Daniels and Oprah Winfrey were memorable.Take it in if you can or wait for the DVD.
I was very tired when I got up this morning and the weariness continued on throughout the day so when I got home I went to bed but did not sleep long as Rick called and I wanted to talk to him.
He had some good news, he will be down next weekend and he has a new friend. That is great. I am happy for him.
Ray cooked the steak and kidney pie that Adam bought at the Scots store . It was good but I was not very hungry and could not eat all of my piece. I'll get at it later I think.
No sewing going on but I keep looking at the piece I have partially quilted , it looks so nice and I want to get at it. However tomorrow I will be at quilting with Pat. Maybe when I come home from that as I don't think I'll be going on to Pumpkin Seeds. We'll see how I feel.

An old wrinkled up quilt I found on Facebook. I see stars but am not sure what the rest of the quilt is. Of course my vision is not what it was.


Isn't this a beautiful photo. No need to describe it , it speaks for itself.
Crocheted candy corn hat and bootees.

and more. I don't have the patterns for them but they are nice for the season.

Ah quilting in Calgary. the red fabric caught my eye as usual.

Costume for a mouse. LOL.

Red as usual attracts me  . I have no idea what this block is called so no pattern. But it is beautiful.
And so is this table centre. An embroidered centre and striped blues all round. 

Time to go folks.
Have a lovely evening.
Good night.












No comments: