a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, September 27, 2013

fox

http://bit.ly/1h2g35W

This old fox sat among the leaves .


A  cheerful rainbow star quilt. 
Make the star and cut the squares for the border. Happy days.


--

This is an easy way to make a Bow Tie block. 

But here is the old way to make a bow tie. I will just add the photo and if you want the pattern it is easy to find. Janet Wickell has it on her site About.Quilting.com 
Or Quilterscache.com has it and everything else LOL.

Four of these make a neat pattern. I made a quilt of this block once.
There my job is done for today.
Ray and I met Bob and Buzz for lunch today. Bob was suffering from cabin fever I think and wanted to get out of the house where he has been since his surgery. It was good to see them and Bob looked pretty good. I think he still gets pretty tire though. I understand that. :))
Buzz looked healthy as usual . I wish I had taken a picture of her in the lovely sweater she wore today. I really liked it.
We had Burger King burgers for lunch all four of us. Tim's was so lined up that had BK's coffee as well. It was a lovely visit, we always enjoy their company.
After lunch Ray and i went to Sears where i saw a shirt I liked but since we are on an austerity programme right now I didn't buy it. Maybe if it goes on sale, oh wait it was on sale. Fiddle dee dee.
Then we had a Dairy Queen that we shared, one Sundae for two people. Good for us! LOL.
Then we cam home. I did some email and FB . I set myself a time to stop that and begin sewing. Actually I started quilting. And I finished the  quilting on the Halloween table runner. Now I just have to choose and cut the binding.  Sometime soon that will happen but there doesn't seem to be anyway I can determine which day. Hopefully it will be Sunday.
We bought a Deliscio pizza and cooked it tonight for supper. It was very good and was square rather than round. It was better than the one we bought last week. 

And I say let sleeping dogs lie. He does look relaxed . 

And this is a touch of ingenuity
here. I wonder if the taste of the wieners carries over into the coffee LOL.

 What could be more adorable than this picture.

Been there done that with cats and boys messing up my knitting not just my yarn. But I got really good at untangling wool LOL. An expert in fact.

We had to turn on the heat and a month early. I am not happy about that but it is just too cold for sitting.
Time to go folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night.
Football game on right now. Vancouver against Winnipeg.























No comments: