a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

just quilts

Today I'll show some quilts I have gathered up. No instructions just good looking.


Many blue triangles.


Many hexagons went into this quilt

And look at the gorgeous feathers in the quilting. Fabulous work!

A quilt of many colours.


A marvelous   Boston Album quilt, can't even imagine doing all that work.


i
This Hallowe'en corn candy afghan is knitted but I added it because it is almost topical.

You can find this neat pattern in Quiltmaker magazine.


http://www.minneapolismqg.com/2013/08/saturday-series-quilting-away-from-home_31.html


This is way off topic but it moved me very much when it showed up on my screen. I have been to the Vietnam Memorial several times. It always makes me cry to see the way each soldier is named and remembered along the length of the memorial. I remember the controversy this sculpture caused when it was built. It seems unreal to me now how all that came about.

 This old soldier survived.

Whoops a day or two late but I love these old looking pictures She is so sweet sewing up her little quilt. I would love to engage a child in learning how to sew.
But The child must want to do so  , what the adults wants is of no concern.

Take the time at the end of  yesterday's blog  to look at Meaghan's comment. I love it.
Charlotte is such a great kid.

If this one doesn't make you smile you have a problem. I love this dog and the boy's confidence. Oh I know this is some adult's thought but it is still funny.
Do you enjoy antiques, this pitcher is named on the  Dusty Old Thing page that comes up on Facebook every day. It is an interesting page.

As for us today, another appointment with the doctor and a visit to the X Ray department of the clinic. I am having trouble with my innards and it needed to be looked at. Hopefully it is just a blip on the page.

We had to go for bread and that was it. We did not do anything else. I came home to work on my blog and picture collection.

Tomorrow is Marg's birthday, she is very busy with her friends taking her for birthday lunches and we are taking her out on Thursday. She wants to go to the Starlight. So that is what we will do.
Richard out an update on his condition on his blog today. So if you are following  his blog  h you will find out how he is . I know some of you are interested. Thanks to you all for following his blog.

Our great granddaughter Catherine took her first solo bus ride to school today. She was very excited.


That's it for tonight folks.
I hope you enjoy the quilt show.
Good night.


















No comments: