a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Whoops

Marg told me this afternoon that there was no blog yesterday. Sometimes I press the Publish button and it does not work. I should really check it out. Sorry about that folks but it is up now even though it says Sunday since I just pressed the publish button. So there will be two Sundays. How about that? Two Sundays in one week.
It has been a day if rain but that is nothing new here in the spring and fall and winter LOL. And we did have an amazing summer with months of sunshine so nothing to complain about.

I am sitting here eating  radishes almost as big as apples. I thought they might have been strong tasting but they are lovely and sweet.
Radishes are my favourite snack,tasty and ready to go at a moment's notice. Plus they are a healthy snack. Perfect. Plus I had some Brie with the radishes. MMM.



Did I mention that we found a ring in our grocery bag yesterday. Today we took it back to the store and were told the woman who lost it had been running around the store asking if anybody had found it. I am glad we helped her out by returning the ring. 

I talked to Adam and he was on his way back to Sam's, he and Lisa will be here tomorrow and they are leaving for Louisiana Tuesday morning very early.  It has been lovely to see them and visit for a bit.
I had intended to buy a frame for the hard copy of the photo of Adam, Lisa and Prince Charles but we did not go to London Drugs or Michael's  which is actually better as they have lots of frames to choose from.
Tomorrow I have to go to Dr. Horne to see what  the results of the MIBI he did earlier this month. Then our cleaning lady comes at 1:30, and Adam and Lisa around 3:30 so shopping is pretty well off the list. Tuesday is my sewing day so it will be Wednesday before I can shop. This note that I have just written  will remind me. I find it I write something down it works as a good reminder. Finger brains LOL. Your fingers remember how to type or play the piano or knit or sew. They have a wonderful memory. Remember that- Finger Memory. My dad used to talk about page memory. See we have so many ways to remember things. Amazing isn't it.
I have been going through a new knitting site that Jean sent to me. It reminded me of the many types of knitting I did in my younger days. The one I liked the most was the Norwegian style knitting. 
  1. The star pattern is one of the most popular 
    patterns as far as I can tell. It was the one I enjoyed making.
    I liked knitting Irish knit sweaters with those gorgeous cables .

    My blog is doing weird things tonight , moving all around so I
    must be careful. It seems that I go to the end of the blog and it
    goes even further and shifts around. I'll be careful.

    This lazy Sunday quilt pattern is the perfect quick quilting project for a day like today! Friendly towards 
    pre-cut fabrics and fun piecing, what more could you ask for? Get the pattern here >>
     http://bit.ly/174l7oY











More trouble with this blog so I think I'll just close for tonight. 
The weather here is stormy ,lots of wind, the rain is not so heavy at the moment. So who knows what will happen.
 http://www.fonsandporter.com/articles/Grim_Ripper_whimsical_mini_Halloween_quilt?bc=c 
This is a great pattern enjoy it.
--
Have a wonderful evening folks.

Good night.

No comments: