a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 21, 2014

brunch

We met Adam and Sam for brunch this morning at ABC restaurant. It was a long and leisurely meal and a wonderful visit. We talked of many things that are in our present life and many that were in our past lives. That is the wonderful thing about family we have a long, long heritage and today we talked about our past, present and future. I loved the visit and hope the men did too. The food seemed to be incidental to the visit even though it was good. I was so happy to share this time with those I love. life gives us good things sometimes. I talked to Richard today and that too was a great joy. We did not have a long time to chat but it was important to me.  Jim and I reached out earlier this week and Peter too was here for a visit. I need to get in touch with Matthew it has been a while.
Adam and mom.

Adam  and Sam in the background. Sam is recovering well from his surgery.

After we left each other Ray and I went up to Brentwood. What a shock that was, many stores are closed due to renovations at the mall itself.  I recall when this mall was first built in the 1970s, well actually the 1960s but was renovated in the 70s and now it is undergoing renovations once again. However the two stores that I like best the book store and the clothing shop are still open. London Drugs is still open too. I bought 2 bottles of nail polish at te dress shop and a bag of chips at London Drugs. Plus the most exciting thing I bought was the magazine I have been whining about 100 Blocks. It is new to the shelves, it takes months for things to cross the border LOL.
After out visit to Brentwood we  just came home. I read my book for a while and then made supper. I am reading a book by Rick Mofina " You're Not Safe".


an awful nice pattern here
Aah 'nuff said.

It looks like an electric stove of a much older era. Nice stuff on top of the stove. Mom had one in the house when we first moved in in 1942  but she got a wood and coal stove which is what she preferred.

Again an electric stove.This one is very neat.

This stove is for a child , it is a toy stove.

If you can find the time to sew.

This quilt is a Twister quilt pattern. You just make up a square of various fabric squares and put on a border. Then you need a tool to cut around to make the twists.
I have the tool but have never managed to find the time to make it.  I don't do much of anything these days.

Here is a collection of quilts.


So it is time to end this Blog.
Have a great evening folks.

Good night.














No comments: