a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Rain

Rain is coming down so hard it is bouncing up off the roof. The skies are angry with something. It makes me happy to be inside where it is warm and cozy.
It rained for most of the day but just the usual drizzly rain that we get here for the most part. 

We had to fast last night for tests this morning. We fasted for 12 hours and then went for the tests. After the taking of blood we went to IHOP for lunch. We had omelets and pancakes. Naughty choice of eats. But it was all good. I had the hot chorizo omelet. It was hot and I would not have it again but I would have the pancakes again LOL.  It you like hot spicy food then it would be a good choice for you. 

Ray had to go to Safeway to pick up his Desert Sand. I told you already that the correct name is too long to read or remember.

Then we came home and I had a very long nap. I sleep too much  . I think it is the medicines that I have to take. 

I talked to Sam today . He is in a lot of pain and of course the pills they give you when you leave the hospital are not strong enough to cover up the pain. I suggested he call the hospital as he does not have a personal doctor. Time to get one. 

Adam is coming tomorrow to take care of Sam and I am sure he will get him the medication he needs.

If you are wondering why we don't go to him, I asked him if we could come out to Langley and he said not to. We live in different cities , I wanted to go but Sam did not want us to.



Padded seats on these chairs make for a cheerful sitting. No pattern really needed but it looks like 4 squares across and 4 down.Just measure and cut.

1912 is the time period for this beautiful stove. There was one similar to this in my mom and dad's home when they first bought it in 1942. Mom did not want it so she bought a wood stove. She preferred that for cooking and heating.


Neat looking cushion  with hand quilting around the design. I just do not like the centre fabric very much. The pattern is all diamonds.

Now this looks pretty good. Lovely old Singer sewing machine and piles of fabric. What could be better.

Nice quilt with  central medallion. 

Another nice quilt but different. 
This is a simple piece byt the thing I like about it is the use of stitches on your sewing machine. See how good it looks.

Cat and mouse. Mousie is safe in his little hidey hole. I know there is a children's story like this.
This is a sweet little baby quilt. I could not find the pattern though.

So I am done for the night.

Have a great evening folks.

Good night .












No comments: