a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pat's block

 http://blog.patsloan.com/2014/04/pat-sloan-sew-along-never-enough-chocolate-block-1.htm

Pat Sloan's lovely blocks for you to make. There is also a set of blue ones too . Have fun with this one.

Aha More red, this time a lovely red quilt , well green too. it is a cheerful piece of quilting. Or should I say piecing.


Another ancient stove and it looks like one my aunt had on the farm in Alberta with the water reservoir on the side and the ash box on the left. My aunt had flat irons that she placed on the stove  to get hot enough to iron things. She had a number of them so that when one got cold there were others to iron with. She baked her own bread on that stove too as well as anything else she made . She canned all kinds of items for the winter , meat included. It was all mighty tasty as I remember. She made her own butter on a churn. It was a very interesting experience for me.

Isn't this a beautiful photo of our lovely Charlotte. She looks like a ray of sunshine in her bright yellow hat and dress.

As for our day, we stayed in for most of the day but had appointments with the doctor for our yearly check up. It was a good one and both of us were declared healthy. Great news.

Then we went to the pharmacy to pick up renewals on our prescriptions , had a coffee and shared a cookie while we waited. That was it and we came home to make dinner but we were kind of late so we just had buns and cheese and pickles. It was good though.
That was the whole day, now we are watching the news.

I noticed that Colin Firth has a new movie out, The Railway Man. I did not get what it was about but Colin Firth caught my attention as he is such a good actor. I like his work. I just watched a trailer of the film and it is about torture in WW2.  I don't like to watch torture.


The Calico Cat , I wonder where the Gingham Dog is. He may turn up in the near future. But this cat is cute.

Tomorrow we go to the tax lady to see how much tax money we get back. I'll tell you then.

I'm back on line. The internet was off for 2 hours. No reason given. Just went off and then came on again after 2 hours. Strange.

That's all for tonight.
Have a great evening.
Good night.














No comments: