a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

sewing today

Wonderful morning. Pat and I went for coffee and then to our sewing group at the church. I continued to work on my hearts but I am almost finished with appliqueing them. It was a lot of fun this morning. Some good quilts being made or finished I should say.Joan finished a beautiful I Spy quilt 

Close up of I Spy



and Betty made another of her specialty quilts. 

Others were working on quilts not yet done. We had a very nice visitor Liz, from England . She was working on her beautiful cross stitch for her new grandson.  Much good work going on on Tuesdays.

After Pat brought me home I had a long rest. For some reason I am quite tired today. I need to correct the title of the book I mentioned yesterday . The book is by Rick Mofina and is entitled Whirlwind. It begins with a fabulous description of a tornado touching down at a fair ground where many people were celebrating. Good writer.

I did very little after I got home but I did make dinner. It seems that is my duty nowadays. I think it is because Ray does everything else. Isn't it funny how jobs get assigned to a partner with no words being spoken.  We have been together for a long time so we no doubt read each other's minds LOL.


I call this open air quilting but wonder why  the pieces of fabric don't blow away. Maybe there is no wind, but a gentle breeze could take them up and away.

This looks very organized, put your pieces on a tray and just pick them up as you need them then move on to the next tray. First you need to organize the pieces on the trays. Then it is all good to go.

More sewing stuff. This one shows a skirt for the sewing machine to hold tools and any other things you may need for sewing.


Gorgeous green eyes.


So I am done for the night folks.

Have a great evening.

Good night.










No comments: