a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

last night

It appears that I forgot to do the blog last night. Sorry about that.

Today is Sewing Tuesday with my sewing group. Pat picked me up early so we could go for a coffee first and have a chat. I did not feel like a coffee this morning but was up for a chat LOL. Then we went on to the church.  There is a lot of building going on in that vicinity and the streets are really packed with cars lining the curbs. Even the parking lot is full except for the handicap space. As I have a walker  and a handicap card  we can use that one. 
Into the church and onto the sewing. I added a stem to my block of the Wild Rose block. I like that little flower, it grows wild in Alberta and is the flower of that province. So doing that block is great for 
me. 
This is Nancy's block  and the pink one below is done by Sharon.



I  did take a couple of pictures of quilts. Most of us are working on flower blocks from an Eleanor  Burns book. We are making quilts for a charity group. These will be lovely quilts, all three of them. I took a  picture  of one block so you could get the idea. It was done by Nancy.  
As usual Betty had made another top and quilt. She is amazing for a woman of nearly 90, and sews all the time.



Pat was making a donation quilt for her guild.




Ray made me a nice salad for lunch and he forgot to put a fork in the bag LOL. Ray and I laughed at that. But I got a fork from the church kitchen and managed to eat my lunch. It was so good. 

When I got home I had a nap, a long one. Actually it was a sleep.
I seem to be easily tired out these days. I often wonder if it is my age. However I am still fortunate enough to get out and do the things that make me happy even if it is for a shorter time.
Today is Ray's sister's birthday , She is 85. Good for Gerry, she still has all her faculties. 

Now on to the evening and writing my blog. Again sorry for yesterday's no blog.



Aha another wonderful hexagon. If you are collecting them this is the latest,  all done in a lovely yellow with green accents.

These flower quilts are good to the eye.
I love these poppies, they are so life like. Do you see them blowing in the breeze.

Flowers against the fence . These flowers are so lush and rich in colours.

Many different flowers on this quilt. The sashing looks like fun. 


Houston pipe band. Adam is the piper on the left end.

What a great cushion.
It is always a  favourite  pattern of mine.

I like the colours in this quilt as a 9 patch I do not find the pattern very interesting.


Cheerful triangle quilt.

That is all for tonight folks. 

Have a great evening.
Good night.
















No comments: