a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 7, 2014

many thanks

It is going to be a short blog tonight. Today was my 82nd birthday. I received many, many good wishes and I want to thank all my dear friends for remembering to wish me well. 

Ray and I went out with our grandson Sam for  brunch this morning. We had a lovely visit with him. I had a great grilled cheese sandwich. They use white cheese on the inside of the sandwich and grill it with Parmesan cheese on the outside. It is delicious.  It came with a salad. Ray had 2 poached eggs and Sam had breakfast. So we were all satisfied. Sam's mom Amy is coming to town so it will be nice to see her again.

After we went up to Metrotown to walk around the mall for exercise. It was a good walk and we were truly exercised. Well for us that is. LOL.

We did not have coffee or ice cream but I had a Pepsi because I was very thirsty. Ray had nothing.

Then we came home and I had a rest, just about finished my book. There are only a few more pages to read.

Ray is watching the Canucks play hockey tonight. Oops he changed the channel, must not be a good game. He is a channel changer anyway. Drives me nuts so I rarely watch TV for that reason.

Another huge dog. Looks like a friendly guy despite his size.

Big and little, so cute. I wonder what that big dog thinks.

Friendly horses, it is quite a stretch.

Pretty quilt red white and blue ready to be bound.

A hockey quilt that would please any boy.

Pretty umbrella quilt . It looks easy to do.

An interesting bit of detail on the Dresden plate , butterfly and leaves.

So that is the end for tonight.

Have a great evening folks.

Good night.









1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds like your day went well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! From Linda in Green Valley, Arizona, USA :)