a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, September 10, 2010

2 sick to sew

Bad day today , not feeling at all well. I went to the doctor and then to the pharmacy to pick up some drugs. Then I came home and lay down for a couple of hours. So really I have nothing to report as I did nothing today. Oh well, maybe I can talk  about my sewing areas. I do not have a sewing room , my sewing machine sits on a table , a new table by the way that is made for my machine, in the second bedroom.  I love this table, bought it at Tom's for a very nice price. ....  So I sew  and quilt in that bedroom . My ironing board is set up in the dining room area and has to be taken down periodically when we have company. It is a bit crowded in that area and men with big feet would just fall over it. Ray and I are careful as we are used to it being there. The 350E lives on a desk in the master bedroom but some out to the dining room table when I am embroidering , more room for the arm to move around. I cut on the ktichen counter, just the right height for me and my cutting mat LOL.  I store my fabrics in  dresser in the master bedroon and boy is it full. In the top drawer of the desk is more fabric.  Then in the small bedroom there is more fabric in plastic boxes along with all the magazines that I cannot throw out or give away. I have a box of magazines by my chair too. Threads for embroidery are in the desk and some are in the bookcase in the small bedroom. Other things are in that bookcase too. Ray says I have quilting stuff in every room in the apartment. My rejoinder is if I had a real sewing room it would all be in one place haha.The second bedroom has a bed in it because as you all know it has a revolving door , people coming and going LOL.
There ,you can see anything is possible and it is not necessary to have everything all perfect to do what you want to do.
However I  think about what I want to sew every day and today I thought about sashing, tomorrow I will do something about it  :>))
Kathy went to Tom's to work on a wonderful bag, the squares were done on her Janome 11,000. It has bigger hoops than mine so she is able to make bigger blocks. Tom had a sample bag last night and it was gorgeous. I can hardly wait to see Kathy's , it won't be done until the next class in October.
There, done, even if I had nothing to report LOL. Some people can talk about nothing....Others read sohere is a site for gentle mysteries. http://cozy-mystery.com/
Have a lovely evening,

1 comment:

Linda said...

Feel better Nan! "The golden years are filled with lead"!!