a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, September 26, 2010

English Paper Piecing

http://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/2007/03/tutorial-on-english-paper-piecing.html
and other great stuff. This site will teach you some great things especially Hexagon paper pieces and how to put them together. There are other tutorials on this site as well.  Take a few minutes and check it out, maybe you'll stay a while.
Because... I have done nothing all day as far as sewing is concerned- nothing.
Sam called at 8:30 to see if we wanted to go to Richmond for breakfast. Ray was in the shower, I was still in bed waiting for him to finish. Then I take my Actonel pill because you have to stay upright after taking that. I asked Ray if he wanted breakfast, he said fine , so I called Sam back and accepted the invitation. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the IHOP in Richmond. It was good and so nice to see Sam. He is trying to sell his house but some people are having troube getting financing, It is difficult for young people to buy or to sell.
Did I mention that Rick got a doggie bag for what was left of his steak at dinner last night. Guess what the doggie box is still in our fridge LOL.  Doesn't everbody do that one haha.
I made soup for dinner so we didn't eat the steak  tonight either. Too bad we don't actually have a dog. No way Rick is coming in from Abbotsford for leftovers haha.
We came home from breakfast to finish off our housework, went up to the bakery for bread , check out the store  but because they are renovating that store could not find what we wanted. We came home after that and for some reason both of us were tired so we both had a nap. Mine lasted 2 hours. I can't believe it. Sometimes I think we do way too much given our age so the nap is a good thing.
We are watching the news and the debacle that is the British Commonwealth  Games. It is too awful for the Indian people who are angry with the organizers and the Indian government for embarassing the country, this  according to Jas Johal.
Maybe tonight I'll start to add that sleeve instead of knitting. I did quite a bit of knitting last night during the game so that sock should be done this week some time. 
I found some pink TP while grocery shopping yesterday. Carla loved it so I gave her some :>) WE do exchange weird things. She gave me some flowers and things from her garden. Told you she was a sweetie...
Have a great evening.
Boa Noite

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

Thanks for the website, Nan
so much to check out