a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sewing sew much day

I sewed for several hours today which is really good for me I am proud of myself LOL.
appliqued pieces need to be made ready for tomorrow. So I set up the pieces for three more butterflies, that will keep me busy for a few weeks as I only do the applique on Tuesdays. There were quite a few red and white strips sitting on my sewing table waiting to be joined :)  I sewed for 2 1/2 hours putting these strips together , they are  red and white . They were  all lined up on the ironing board and Ray asked me if I was making an American flag haha, what a sense of humour.
Also I bought some more adorable embroidery designs, little ballerina girls.
That is my sewing work for monday. I often wonder when I see that people have made a quilt in one day or even a top in one day  how they do it. I cannot do a lot in a day and unfortunately want to do more than sew so I guess that's the reason.
9:30 -isn't that late to get up in the morning but that is when I arose. Adam left here at 3:30 AM as his plane left at 5:00 AM for Lake Charles. He sure needs a return to his normal routine if even for a few weeks. He and Lisa will be back here on September 29th for the  ceremony for his dad. And for the garage sale of all his stuff.
Sam called this morning to see if we were available for lunch and we were. It was a very long lunch as Sam had so much to say aboout his grandad and what it meant to him to be there for Mac. And how he was impacted by other members of the family. It had a huge effect on him.
After that we came straight home, I answered all my mail and then began my sewing adventure. I never seem to get to my machine until between 2:00 and 3:00.  But I love to have a full life.
The sun is still shining through the leaves of my special tree and casting amazing shadows on the window and I am done for tonight.
Have a great evening folks.  Buenas Noches.

2 comments:

Judy Ellsworth said...

Why not an American flag? I've made my share of maple leaves! LOL

nanboudreau said...

LOL made me laugh Judy and yes why not LOL