a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, September 24, 2010

a gentle day

We had a lovely gentle day today, I got up late so that made us behind a bit but for some reason I didn't care.  We went on a gentle shopping tour , first for lunch at TI' Horton's where I had a lovely potato soup and half an egg sandwich plus coffee. Was good....
Then to London Drugs to buy an 8 gig stick before Jim gets here and can help me put my pictures on it.  Mary helped me put all my embroidery designs on a memory stick and it worked. That means I can look at them down here on the laptop, saves me from climbing the stairs. Jim is coming on Monday to attend his dad's memorial ceremony. And today was his birthday so I called him and we had a good chat, he is easy to talk to.
We did a bit of grocery shopping at Price Smart. I wanted some chicken for soup.
We went across the highway to Michaels and I found that lovely gray yarn to make some socks for me.  I am third in line for socks LOL.
That was our gentle shopping day.Very nice. When we got home I did some sewing on  the sashing, oh the pinning, it takes longer than the sewing but nearly all the corners were good, just a couple off a bit. I might just leave it at that instead of taking it all out. I'll see how much it shows. Sometimes I haven't got the need to be perfect  ;>0
I stillneed to make another block as the last one is on the wrong side of the fabric so I can't let that go.However there are only 10 blocks and I have decided to make 2 windmill blocks for the side blocks on the bottom row.
For dinner I made chicken and rice with mushroom soup, one of my favourite dishes. However I had to use brown rice , no white rice, and it took so long to cook. Ray didn't like brown rice much so next time it will be  white. I'll get it tomorrow. Then I made a chicken soup and it goes in the fridge until Sunday when I'll put some tortellini in it. Too early today for that as by Sunday the tortellini would be the size of golf balls LOL.
After dinner I actually did some more sewing and got the sashing on for today. I have been really busy all day and part of the evening so I feel free to sit and watch TV without doing any more work. Maybe some knitting.
Have a  warm, cozy evening everyone.
Hasta luego....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try instant brown rice. I use the boil-in bags type and get 2 servings with no leftovers! Jennifer Collard