a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A nice day

I need to retract my statement about slapping the bread, You can tell I have never made bread LOL. Jean tells me that  if I did that I would have a pancake, haha. So much for my baking knowledge.
The thingie for going over the humps or thick parts of a multiple seam is called a hump jumper and then there is a jean-a-ma-jig that does the same thing. I know this to be true because some very clever women on my Janome list told me so!!
I did get to cutting my sashing strips today and was just going to sew them when Adam walked in but I  did get that small amount of work done.  Adam told us about what went on the last few days of Mac's life, not a good story but we wanted to know. Ray has been so good throughout all this with Mac, he has supported the kids all the way.
I made some chili for dinner, made some changes to my original recipe, added a bit of macaroni and 2 cut up Italian hot sausage and made some rice and asparagus as the side dishes. However I don't think it was necessarily a big improvement.
Ray did the dishes and later Adam and I went out for a coffee and a long chat. I love talking to him he has some wonderful observations, he is a very clever man. But so am I LOL clever,not a man :>). We seem to agree on many things and think that it is because we are both eldest children so have an exaggerated sense of responsibility. Not always a good thing but definitely good in a tough spot.
Other than that my day was washing and cleaning in the morning. We do that every week so that it never gets out of hand.
Oh I went to the bakery to tell them about the bread. Ray threw it in the garbage but I told them anyway. They gave me another loaf. I think Ray does not like me to complain but I am never rude just tell them what happened. It works for me and I do not have any trouble with people.
A nice quiet day. A good day, we should all be so fortunate!
Have a great evening whatever is left of it.

No comments: